For informational purposes only.

Today I was able to review the game on TSSAA and really had a hard time telling if the lineman was far enough downfield or not. I did notice that the quarterback was in illegal motion by never getting set and should have been flagged. No dog in the fight but it would have been wrong for the play to have stood without flag being thrown. Both teams had their chances and it was an outstanding game.

Wrong. The QB was "in motion" at the time of the snap...by design. And apparently you don't know that one man can be in motion.

The Maryville posters must never frequent the fever swamps of the Sentinel comments sections. Lame brained leftists there mostly who mistakenly believe they're God's gift to intelligence and likely never graced a field, court or any other playing surface in high school or anywhere else.

With that said, I wish the Maryville posters on here who fancy themselves armchair psychologists would get over their victim hangups, thinking, as they do, that it's their team's winning ways that have inexorably scarred the minds of fans of other teams who haven't beaten the Rebels. In any human endeavor from politics to business to sports or anything else you can name there are always those who love to see failure by those who have had success. One poster at the Sentinel site even admitted as much by saying he was experiencing schadenfreude. There are others, such as myself, who can admire the success of a team like Maryville because of how it's achieved through the coaching, the disciplined play, the facilities, the unified community and all the other component parts, regardless of whether or not my team can or has ever beaten the Rebels.

:thumb:

Definately not a motion call.... who threw the flag .. umpire ??? Cant believe that call was made at that time .. when the lineman was still on about the 2 when pass crossed line .... and had no bearing on play ... officlal had to be looking for something to pick that out ... QB was wide open ... hope the lineman knows he didnt do anything wrong .. hate for kids that young to think they are responsible for a blown call by an official .. officials are there to call the obvious .. dont try to distinguish between 2 to 3 yards ... very unusual for a call of that nature .. never heard of a lineman downfield call on an point after TD and I have watched alot of football.

Yep Tad the ump....Gary Darden.....Made up call....I sure hope he enjoys all those ribs from Mimpfiss this Christmas..... :angry:

Yes, wise guy, I know the rule, and was watching the game. You guys are so quick to jump on people, get over it.

palfoto reed coachT's post and link above.....(and then maybee you'll know the rule)....... :popcorneater:

And as far as "get over it" goes....If this had happened to Derek and his team I'm sure you would be saying "get over it" too.....(not).....As I stated above...I can live with missed calls....but have a hard time with someone who doesn't know the rules of the game or just wants to make up a call....

I hate it for me...But I really hate it that these kids, whom have busted their tails for the last 365 days, and especially for these seniors (many of whom may never have the privilege of playing organized football again), that can't get a fair shake because of either complete incompetence or a lack of integrity......It's bad for the game and it's bad for fair competition.....

Edited by STARSNBARS
  • Upvote 1

palfoto reed coachT's post and link above.....(and then maybee you'll know the rule)....... :popcorneater:

And as far as "get over it" goes....If this had happened to Derek and his team I'm sure you would be saying "get over it" too.....(not).....

I hate it for me...But I really hate it that these kids, whom have busted their tails for the last 365 days, and especially for these seniors (many of whom may never have the privilege of playing organized football again), that can't get a fair shake because of either complete incompetence or a lack of integrity......

Stars, I don't know why everyone keeps telling me to read the rule. I KNOW THE RULE. Ive read it 4 times since Saturday. lol. As I've stated many times now, it was the position of the lineman I wasn't sure about. Watching it live, and being so excited they made the play, it appeared he was just over the goal line. After seeing the photo, I can see the call was missed. I know others refs say you can't call it while going for the conversion, due to the way the way the rule is written. That is why I said to get over it. I've admitted I was wrong about the lineman's position, but some folks can't let it go. Now, if it was something against Powell, I would be upset, but I wouldn't continue to try and rub it in someones face if they were wrong. I feel bad for the kids, too, but it can't change anything now. So, it appears others keep challenging others to make themselves feel better, and that has zero to do with the boys.

Edited by powellphoto

Stars, I don't know why everyone keeps telling me to read the rule. I KNOW THE RULE. lol. As I've stated many times now, it was the position of the lineman I wasn't sure about. Watching it live, and being so excited they made the play, it appeared he was just over the goal line. After seeing the photo, I can see the call was missed. I know others refs say you can't call it while going for the conversion, due to the way the way the rule is written. That is why I said to get over it. I've admitted I was wrong about the lineman's position, but some folks can't let it go. Now, if it was something against Powell, I would be upset, but I wouldn't continue to try and rub it in someones face if they were wrong. I feel bad for the kids, too, but it can't change anything now. So, it appears others keep challenging others to make themselves feel better, and that has zero to do with the boys.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH "THE BOYS"....at least for me.......And I know nothing will change...But I do hope Gary Darden will at least send his $90 dollars for doing the game to the Maryville seniors so they can divide it up and have a Coke and pack of peanuts each....

And as far as "get over it" goes....If this had happened to Derek and his team I'm sure you would be saying "get over it" too.....(not).....As I stated above...I can live with missed calls....but have a had time with someone who doesn't know the rules of the game or just wants to make up a call....

I hate it for me...But I really hate it that these kids, whom have busted their tails for the last 365 days, and especially for these seniors (many of whom may never have the privilege of playing organized football again), that can't get a fair shake because of either complete incompetence or a lack of integrity......It's bad for the game and it's bad for fair competition.....

I feel the same way you do STARS.

IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH "THE BOYS"....at least for me.......And I know nothing will change...But I do hope Gary Darden will at least send his $90 dollars for doing the game to the Maryville seniors so they can divide it up and have a Coke and pack of peanuts each....

I know you truly care about the boys, but the way some of the others are, it makes it seem as if its about them, not the boys.