For informational purposes only.

Since Im pretty new to all this stuff, I've been sitting on the sidelines. However, does anyone know how these officials get playoff/state game assignments? Is it strictly by district and then the district awards the individual ref? It seems that some sort of grading system should be in place.

OR2 absolutely the worst "made up call" in Blue Cross Bowl History....

I agree Stars, really feel bad for #50. Hope everyone that knows him or his family let's him know that he did nothing wrong. This penalty blows my mind, why did he throw the flag.....:(

I agree with all the statements about this penalty > that it is part of football, Maryville had the same opportunity in overtime as WH, 4 turnovers........all this is true BUT : the call made, WHY, what did the official see to make that call.....nothing justifies this call......and he is in perfect position to see the play clearly.....

Next year Rebels.... ..live to play another day.......promise of next season....

Very proud that my family is part of this program and team. No matter what the scoreboard showed in the end, I am proud to be on the Rebels side.

• Upvote 1

Wow ..after really studying that play .. it has to be one the worst calls Ive seen .. and Ive watched alot of High school football .. I know refs arent perfect but dang that was bad ... they had to be looking for something to call that !! from a Fulton fan .. Maryville got it taken away for SURE !!!!

Edited by Tadvols

Wow ..after really studying that play .. it has to be one the worst calls Ive seen .. and Ive watched alot of High school football .. I know refs arent perfect but dang that was bad ... they had to be looking for something to call that !! from a Fulton fan .. Maryville got it taken away for SURE !!!!

Tad it was a "made up call".....And again I think these seniors, many who will never play football again, deserved at least a little integrity and a fair chance in the last game of their careers......I know you've seen and called a lot of high school games too tad.....and thanks...

Edited by STARSNBARS

I don't have kids at ensworth . I played college football at THE University of Michigan from 95-99 and a brief stint with the Tennessee Titans...So we had Internet in college but it was slow. And you sir.. With all due respect- talk out of both sides of your mouth. And I am surely not the first to think so.

OK , now is one of those times you're being a hypocrite on here .... you have nothing to do with either team , you have seen me Congratulate Whitehaven , and wish them well and I hope we can both play again next year , I have stated several times we're not using that play call as an excuse , I have said I agree with Coach Quarles in that having 4 turnovers had a lot more to do with us losing the game ... none of that is good enough for you , apparently you have assigned yourself to be Dudley Doo Right and correct any wrong you think you may see on Maryville threads . I don't see you attacking George Quarles for mentioning the turnovers like I did ...

The fact that Dudley Doo Right didn't think he had to perform his heroic duties of correcting all wrongs on a Maryville thread when Dehaven5 was on here saying Maryville Sucks , or the Senator when he called us Racists and Richie Cunninghams tells me you have saved your heroic Super powers of righting all that is wrong on a thread you have nothing to do with , for me only ..... I guess I should feel special .... yet I can't help but feel it is nothing more than a personal thing for you and you just don't like me because at one time or another I have disagreed with you thinking the Private schools are vastly superior to us Richie Cunningham East Tn schools .

Take your holier than thou attitude back to the DII section and work on using your Super Powers to buy you better players to keep up with that enormous Ensworth Payroll . It actually makes me feel good knowing that I am in your head so bad you're obsessing over me like you are , and also I'm sure that back when you played there was no Internet or Coach T to discuss the games , were they ? have a good day !! And BLESS YOUR HEART !! :mrgreen:

Edited by baylorbigdog1976

Just imagine having to play in Districts they call in regularly. You get these calls during games and you sit there and scratch your head wondering what is going on. You can't do anything about it because they are the refs.

You do have some good refs within the North Middle Tennessee Association. And some bad ones as has been seen. But all associations are going to have that.

It was a great game and it is bad that the call is going to be what most people talk about.

Since Im pretty new to all this stuff, I've been sitting on the sidelines. However, does anyone know how these officials get playoff/state game assignments? Is it strictly by district and then the district awards the individual ref? It seems that some sort of grading system should be in place.

I'VE GOT A GRADING SYSTEM FOR IT....

Just imagine having to play in Districts they call in regularly. You get these calls during games and you sit there and scratch your head wondering what is going on. You can't do anything about it because they are the refs.

You do have some good refs within the North Middle Tennessee Association. And some bad ones as has been seen. But all associations are going to have that.

It was a great game and it is bad that the call is going to be what most people talk about.

Good points NOK....But the ump Gary Darden takes the cake!

I don't have kids at ensworth . I played college football at THE University of Michigan from 95-99 and a brief stint with the Tennessee Titans...So we had Internet in college but it was slow. And you sir.. With all due respect- talk out of both sides of your mouth. And I am surely not the first to think so.

Why do you keep feeling the need to tell me your life story ? Is that now supposed to justify you not liking me and for you to be offended because I said we lost because of 4 turnovers ? Why are you not telling déhaven5 your story , or I guess you didn't have a problem with him saying Maryville sucked ? And Senator ... No problem with him at all , I get it now big dog , I've hurt your feelings a time or 2 , you're a big boy it sounds like , you'll get over it . Seriously man , you spend a lot of time worrying about me apparently , I assure you I don't stalk you on the DII boards , never even crossed my mind . If you want me to , I'll start sending you every post I'm about to make for your approval , if that's what you want .