Bringing all private schools back into Division I...

Indian

I think this would be a great thing for TSSAA. I completely hate that teams like Ensworth, MUS, and USJ have to play 13 games a year. Its also comparing Boise State (a few years ago) to Alabama. Boise State play the easy teams and go undefeated, while BAMA will play the hard teams and lose 1 game. And people think Boise is better then BAMA.

Also, since I live in West Tennessee, If USJ plays the regular season schedule that Jackson North Side played, USJ would be 5-5/6-4 in that area. A lot of private schools that are currently winning, WILL NOT play the public schools, because they DO NOT want to lose.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.usatodayh...--2012312050133

"Some of the schools (felt) like if everybody was back together that's going to move me to a higher class," Childress said. "I guess the uncertainty of how many classes do we have in Division I, how many classes do we have in Division II, what will the tournaments look like -- all of those questions weren't answered when the proposal was there, and I guess the uncertainty of all of that probably forced the schools to say no."

Maybe it will get picked up again in two years if details on the classes and playoffs can be worked out. I can't blame anyone for voting no without a full plan involved.