Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

We shall see. I am afraid he will be labeled as a system QB though and that is tough to shake.

The "system QB" label is certainly a consideration, though I tend to think the complexity of the system he's played in is actually, on balance, a plus. He has shown he can manage and make all of the reads and check-downs necessary to run a complicated passing system (that's more than can be said for UT's current QB). But, your point is well taken.

I think the bigger hurdle to overcome will be the evaluators' misgivings about his size. Hopefully somebody will be willing to take a chance on him.

Charlie has made his mark in TN high school football without question. It will most likely be awhile before his name is replaced in the record books. Certainly even more impressive when you consider he set almost all of his records in just 2 years as a starter. He certainly has benefitted from CRB's offensive scheme in addition to having a great pass blocking offensive line and the best high school receiving corps I have ever seen from top to bottom. But his accuracy (74.4% career), allusiveness, pocket presence, field vision and ability to call the blocking schemes and blitz pick ups is a result of a very skilled QB. I don't believe he is an SEC level quarterback, but I'm surprised that D1 schools like MTSU haven't shown more interest or even D2 schools like Furman. Regardless if he every plays a snap at the college level or not we sure have been fortunate at CAK to have him. He would probably make a good QB coach down the road if he chooses to go in that direction.

I don't think anyone is indicating that High is at the same level as Drew Brees. Did you really think that is what they are saying? Really? Their point is that height is not always a determiner of whether someone can compete in major college football. I can't believe I had to explain that.

I clearly understand what they are saying. I wish the CAK faithful would not get their panties in a wad when someone with a differing opinion of your golden boy states it.

I clearly understand what they are saying. I wish the CAK faithful would not get their panties in a wad when someone with a differing opinion of your golden boy states it.

Ha. No wadded panties here. But if your own "faithful" don't have your back who will? Golden boy is correct, as in 2 Gold Balls that we most likely wouldn't have without him. But I do understand that CH just doesn't meet the profile for many recruiters and it is an obstacle that he may/may not overcome. It doesn't bother me at all for people to have a differing opinion. Some of the posts have included some sarcasm as well, which has been pointed out.