Charlie High

lovemesomehsfb

The kid can play no doubt about it. The attempts record is just a product of the offense but the completion percentage record is one for which to be proud. As far as having no D1 offers, it doesn't surprise me. I only saw him on TV in the 3A championship game and while he was accurate his arm strength looked suspect to me. Maybe it was just the TV, but I don't recall seeing a lot of zip on the ball I did see a lot of touch. But from the game I saw I can't see him throwing from one hash to the other sideline on an out route at the D1 level anyway. And many times the stats are a product of your environment as much as anything, don't get me wrong, he is a good player just don't see D1 in him.

He is a football player. There are different levels of "D-1" football programs. You may not necessarily be ready to start in the SEC but could still be very capable of having a tremendous career at a D-1 program at some level. It is very unfortunate that so much stock is put into height and weight. While those factors are important, they are not the sole determiners of whether you can be successful at the next level.

My take is that High is 5-11, 175 pounds. His arm strength is very very good and is D-1 caliber in my opinion. He is very mobil and elusive, as well as having good speed. (He started all year at safety his sophomore season.) His accuracy is better than many college QB's that are currently having success. He has never been in trouble, has good grades from what I understand, and is very bright. He has run a very complex offense for 2 seasons and broken numerous state and national records in the process.

IMO, the ONLY issue with High is height and weight. Is he tall enough to see over the OL and DL? Is he big enough to take the hits he would take in D-1 ball? He has not added a whole lot of size over the last couple of years. Having said that, someone is going to get one heck of a college QB. He needs to go somewhere that 1. has a passing oriented offense that will utilize his God given accuracy. 2. Can utilize his ability to roll out and be highly accurate while throwing on the run, as well as his ability to make plays with his feet.

This kid has a very High football IQ, and if put in the right situation, is going to make his mark at that program. He is a winner.

Edited by Govolsknox

He is a football player. There are different levels of "D-1" football programs. You may not necessarily be ready to start in the SEC but could still be very capable of having a tremendous career at a D-1 program at some level. It is very unfortunate that so much stock is put into height and weight. While those factors are important, they are not the sole determiners of whether you can be successful at the next level.

My take is that High is 5-11, 175 pounds. His arm strength is very very good and is D-1 caliber in my opinion. He is very mobil and elusive, as well as having good speed. (He started all year at safety his sophomore season.) His accuracy is better than many college QB's that are currently having success. He has never been in trouble, has good grades from what I understand, and is very bright. He has run a very complex offense for 2 seasons and broken numerous state and national records in the process.

IMO, the ONLY issue with High is height and weight. Is he tall enough to see over the OL and DL? Is he big enough to take the hits he would take in D-1 ball? He has not added a whole lot of size over the last couple of years. Having said that, someone is going to get one heck of a college QB. He needs to go somewhere that 1. has a passing oriented offense that will utilize his God given accuracy. 2. Can utilize his ability to roll out and be highly accurate while throwing on the run, as well as his ability to make plays with his feet.

This kid has a very High football IQ, and if put in the right situation, is going to make his mark at that program. He is a winner.

GVK, I'm just glad he is a Senior and we don't have to see him anymore (the ultimate compliment)!! One thing no one can take from the kid he is a great competitor. Someone needs to take a chance on this kid no doubt!!

Wasn't Chris Leak 5'11"?

As I remember it he, too, broke several state and national records while he was in high school, and then went on to be pretty dang good at Florida where he started on a national championship team. Let's also not forget Doug Flutie and Russell Wilson (current starting QB of the Seattle Seahawks) who are both 5'10".

It's just shocking to me. I've only seen the kid play twice and yet I cannot understand why he doesn't have any D1 offers. Very special player, and it's easy to see. I fully believe he will tear it up wherever he goes, whether it's D1 or lower. The kid just has the "it" factor. 5'11" doesn't cancel that out.

Does anybody know if he even wants to play college ball?

Hogan Whitmire from Signal a couple of years ago got some FCS offers, but he knew he would not play pro ball and was able to get academic scholarships to college. He is currently pursuing a a pre-dental degreee and seems very happy that he is not having to deal with the rigors of playing ball.

charlie high is the best qb in the state of tennessee HANDS DOWN!! probaly top 20 in the nation. this kid is just down right amazing. butch jones needs to get this kid at UT. while he may not be your prototypical nfl qb. he is definitely ready for d-1 college. come on vols don't pass on this amazing in state talent.

GVK, I'm just glad he is a Senior and we don't have to see him anymore (the ultimate compliment)!! One thing no one can take from the kid he is a great competitor. Someone needs to take a chance on this kid no doubt!!

I understand completely. I have felt that way about a number of Alcoa players as well. Respect. Just glad to see them graduate!