Bray's Rankings for Dec 10, 2012

CoachBray

I'd have to disagree. 106 (108 at region and state) is obviously the lowest weight class. You will see upperclassmen wrestle 108 for region and state simply because it's the lowest weight class. So everyone below 115 (Fully hydrated) usually goes 106. Many have the mindset that it's the easiest. Because its the lowest many will try to drop at the end of the year thinking it's the easiest. They are usually wrong.

By far the easiest weight class is heavyweight. Most of the good athletes in the upper weights play football. If they wrestle at all, many miss 1/3 of the season due to the length of the football season. And most don't wrestle at all in the off season.

My point exactly. Heavyweight is by far the easiest weight class (don't have to know any moves or wrestle in the off season).

I suppose one could make a point that THIS YEAR 106 is down because (according to the rankings) there is only 1 returning medalist. That makes much more sense other than to say "it's weak just because it's 106".

Edited by Newestguy

how many freshmen do you see win hwt? Im not saying Hwt is the hardest but its not 106. Disillusion yourself all you want but 106 always has been and always will be the easiest. Nothing against those kids but they are wrestling mostly freshmen and in some cases 8th graders. Do you see 8th graders come in and win the 132-152 lb weight classes? no you dont. Not only are the kids all younger but they are also 106 lbs so if there is an older kid he is usually not as physically develoed as other wight classes. Now that being said, there are always exceptions to the rule. Debein and Oliver were studs last year and there have been others but the overall depth isnt there. In my opionion the easiest weights on average are 106,113,hwt,220,195,182, 119,170,126,132,160, 140,145,152.

that is my point i dont thing they are weak because they are 106 because i know plenty of 106 kids that will and do beat decent 120 wrestlers. just because they are 106 does not mean you can throw anyone in there to compete, it has been a very competetive weight class recently. I am just saying out side of Cyree and Narvaro the names are not there. Also if Salih is 106 he would easily be #3 and things will change if any 113 in the top drop down. this is a very fun weight class to watch and i am excited to see how it plays out.

My point exactly. Heavyweight is by far the easiest weight class (don't have to know any moves or wrestle in the off season).

I suppose one could make a point that THIS YEAR 106 is down because (according to the rankings) there is only 1 returning medalist. That makes much more sense other than to say "it's weak just because it's 106".

that is my point i dont thing they are weak because they are 106 because i know plenty of 106 kids that will and do beat decent 120 wrestlers. just because they are 106 does not mean you can throw anyone in there to compete, it has been a very competetive weight class recently. I am just saying out side of Cyree and Narvaro the names are not there. Also if Salih is 106 he would easily be #3 and things will change if any 113 in the top drop down. this is a very fun weight class to watch and i am excited to see how it plays out.

I wouldn't expect the top 2 @ 113 drop down, but you never know about Palacio. Crawford and Pelkey could make 106 too i would guess and both do well.