Seymour at Grainger

CoachC19

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Seymour was without their starting PG who didnt travel with the team due to illness, not saying Seymour would have won with her...but she is a spark for that team and that team goes how she goes

And Grainger has been without starting Tailor Morgan. Still shut Seymour down. 20-0 now and #1 according to the records.

I have seen grainger in a few games, but would not say the team to beat in state tournament. They looked vulnerable in the chuckey doak game. When they play their A game, an opponent will have problems. The thing to remember is a few teams out there will be difficult to beat on their home floor during region and sectional games (elizabethton, fulton, cak).

"Looking vulnerable"? Chuckey Doak is a hard gym for any visiting team to play in. But....Grainger was not vulnerable. In charge would be more like it.

• 4 weeks later...

As I stated after the seymour at grainger game that it would be closer when grainger came to seymour, i was right. great game last night going into imac tourny play. Seymour controlled the game until about the last five minutes made a few mistakes but ultimately a much better effort all around by the lady eagles.

Eh, the officiating was pretty even all night. Graingers guard was less than impressive to me, pretty quick...but isnt a shutdown defender and is pretty much one dimensional on the offensive side of the ball. When she drives to the basket she goes left, any other time she will start right and kick it to someone. ive seen the injured guard play before...the little blonde, now she is impressive. I do think grainger will go to state only bc theyre in AA, but i also havent seen any other AA teams play.

Just to clarify...Amber is the guard that got hurt. She had four steals down the stretch and made key free throws. I call that pretty big. Also, Grainger beat every AAA team they faced even travelling to White Co looking to be tested. Passed with flying colors. Little blonde Taylor Morgan still getting back into the mix from an ACL tear from the summer will be big now.

GO GRIZ !!!

This is the time of year where the trolls and haters come out. I'd say that Grainger has answered 28 different challenges this season with great success. The whole argument of making state only because they're AA is ludicrous. It's the same mentality we've long heard from other teams pining that they're a class too high based on skill level rather than enrollment. Grainger has beaten every opponent on the schedule, A, AA, AAA and D-II alike. It's time to squash the sour grapes and give the ladies their due. They owned you Seymour. You thought you could just show up in December and win at Grainger because you're a AAA school and you're upset that they wore you out. You're also upset that Senior night got spoiled by this same AA team that you couldn't beat. There's a reason I don't post a lot anymore, but sometimes I get a little burnt over ill-thought comments.