9AAA in 2013

REDSMAN

Deadwood!!!!!!!. I remember we went to the Mt. Juliet-Gallatin football game I guess our sophmore year when the MJ kicker ran out and hit a FG from 47 yards to win at the horn.

KD on the basketball team.

LOL thats funny KD, I forgot about all that lol Good to hear from ya, send me a friend request on facebook if your on there too

Bigchief you probably know me as well. I remember that injury very well Randy. I had to run all the way to the cafeteria to get you some ice. Purvis will be ok and so will MJ. Follow the Macon County team this year as I am now their head coach. We will be playing in the Wilson Co. Tournament again this year. Good luck to all teams this season!

JUANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN, good to hear from ya, havent seen ya since the CU game last spring, I dont know if I ever thanked ya for all you did for us, my shoulder isnt right to this day. We sure had a blast on that hallway, lol. Id go back in time in a second....Id say, see ya at the scrimmage on the 7th but we are playing TC not MC. Im helping out at Portland with Coach Parker my son is a Freshman this year. Doing your old job of keeping stats, taking photos for the internet, media relations, being a dugout Mom, testing samples in the concession stand etc lol. But its a blast. I will be following yall and good luck to ya, its amazing how many ex-CU players, and alumni are associated with baseball in Mid Tenn. Bet Woody never thought we'd grow up, lol

I think Brown would have been fine for the job, but anyway Carter is a good one. I see Brown going back to coaching once his sones are through HS

MJ has enough talent to overcome the train wreck that would have been a RB hire.

You guys dodged a bullet on that one.

Edited by DoyleHargravesConstruction
  • Upvote 1

As far as I know RB was never promised anything.... he lives in MJ, his sons go to school in MJ, he was hired at the middle school, IF he was promised something when Purvis left, then why was he not hired at the HS? "get his two sone sot play there" hey they are good players, but MJ would be fine with or without them. MJ has kids trying out from other counties and states , then if they make the team the parents move. They are not lecking any talent to the point of making deals that for sure. And when RB came over, who knew how long it would be before MP left? You really think Mel was the only one that had a say in this?

I don't think a teacher with 2 sons playing ball takes a 15k/year pay cut to move into another school district to be an assistant coach at the school where his son's play, without having an impression that there was a high possibility of him getting the job. I agree MJ has enough talent with or without them, and sorry if that was the impression of my post.

Mel Brown is the principal. He makes the hires. So yes, he is the only one who had a say. Otherwise, Carter is not the coach.

Not a big deal either way. It's politics and part of life.

I don't think a teacher with 2 sons playing ball takes a 15k/year pay cut to move into another school district to be an assistant coach at the school where his son's play, without having an impression that there was a high possibility of him getting the job. I agree MJ has enough talent with or without them, and sorry if that was the impression of my post.

Mel Brown is the principal. He makes the hires. So yes, he is the only one who had a say. Otherwise, Carter is not the coach.

I can see your point, it makes sense to think that , I can see that as a possibility, then why if Mel is the only one making the hires did he not hire him? That's why I think Mel was not the only decision maker. I also understand that there were serveral other top candidates that did not get the job. Also no one really knew when MP was going to go either could have this year could have been in ten years who knows.

I'm sure the hire had some other factors other than baseball.

Doyle where you been?

Edited by FightinIllini

I can see your point, it makes sense to think that , I can see that as a possibility, then why if Mel is the only one making the hires did he not hire him? That's why I think Mel was not the only decision maker. I also understand that there were serveral other top candidates that did not get the job. Also no one really knew when MP was going to go either could have this year could have been in ten years who knows.

Doyle where you been?

Been a little busy at work and watching my Cosby Eagles in the Region Hoops Tournament, but that's over now.

$15,000 is probably a low-ball estimate. It would be closer to $20,000.

The way the Wilson Co. school system is run, there is really no way to try to understand anything they do. They prove that all the time.

The county is notoriously cheap when it comes to funding the schools. They will vote down any tax increase of any kind, much less to help the schools.

Mel can't possibly go much longer. He has to be 70 or knocking on the door.

In Wilson County as well as Sumner, Rutherford County, and Williamson County the executive principal is the one responsible for making the hiring of coaches within the school. Athletic Directors may have a say or recommend, but it ultimately comes down to the decision of the Excecutive principal. That's why I think RB got kind of a raw deal. Especially taking the 15-20k paycut.

In Metro, the executive principal can recommend, but has to be approved by "Metro's Athletic Director" in both football and basketball, non-revenue sports (baseball) you can appoint someone.

Back to the topic.........

MJ wins this district and it isn't close.

In Wilson County as well as Sumner, Rutherford County, and Williamson County the executive principal is the one responsible for making the hiring of coaches within the school. Athletic Directors may have a say or recommend, but it ultimately comes down to the decision of the Excecutive principal. That's why I think RB got kind of a raw deal. Especially taking the 15-20k paycut.

In Metro, the executive principal can recommend, but has to be approved by "Metro's Athletic Director" in both football and basketball, non-revenue sports (baseball) you can appoint someone.

Back to the topic.........

MJ wins this district and it isn't close.

thanks for the clarification, and I agree MJ wins district with no problem, I hope anyway, you never know.

Bigchief you probably know me as well. I remember that injury very well Randy. I had to run all the way to the cafeteria to get you some ice. Purvis will be ok and so will MJ. Follow the Macon County team this year as I am now their head coach. We will be playing in the Wilson Co. Tournament again this year. Good luck to all teams this season!

Juan would yall be interested in a scrimmage one day next week. Either in Macon County or Portland. Due to all the rain we have had up here, (for some reason it doesnt make it to lower Sumner County) we have really only been in the dirt 3 days and have had 3 scrimmages rained out. If your interested either send me a email to randydixon1966@hotmail.com or text/call 6152687128 and we will try and set something up or I can direct you to Coach Parker. We just need work, both varsity and jv, this cabin fever is about to kill us. Good luck to everyone, just 10 more days. Whoop whoop