Dickson County in 2013

DicksonPride

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With us loosing so many seniors off last years 10-2 squad, how does everyone see us doing next year? We'll be in a new district and will have alot of new players who have to step up and become leaders.

Not sure of DC but others teams all should be better then last year

BHS-keeps retooling and gets bigger

FHS took bumps last year but very young team

RHS had a strong finish and a great hire as HC

INDY - grand slam with hire of coach Blade- with UT recruit VW back and 4 star recruit Gaulden eligible to play , they wil be fun to watch

Not sure of DC but others teams all should be better then last year

BHS-keeps retooling and gets bigger

FHS took bumps last year but very young team

RHS had a strong finish and a great hire as HC

INDY - grand slam with hire of coach Blade- with UT recruit VW back and 4 star recruit Gaulden eligible to play , they wil be fun to watch

Don't overlook Centennial. I know there are haters about them but I think this is the year Rector makes it happen for the Cougars. He lost four all district players but only 12 total seniors. The new QB will be Prime Time as his name suggests and they have a rising sophomore RB with the initials TD who will be scoring a lot of those this season. The kid is big, strong, and very fast. Rector has the benefit of a good number of linemen coming back, another year of the kids playing in his well coached organized system, and all the Freedom Middle players under his domain. They are my pick to win it all.

Don't overlook Centennial. I know there are haters about them but I think this is the year Rector makes it happen for the Cougars. He lost four all district players but only 12 total seniors. The new QB will be Prime Time as his name suggests and they have a rising sophomore RB with the initials TD who will be scoring a lot of those this season. The kid is big, strong, and very fast. Rector has the benefit of a good number of linemen coming back, another year of the kids playing in his well coached organized system, and all the Freedom Middle players under his domain. They are my pick to win it all.

I agree!!!! I see the district next year like this.

1 Centennial

2 Brentwood

3 Indy

4 Dickson

5 Ravenwood

6 Franklin

7 Summit

Boy how the mighty Rebels have fallen down. Big mistake changing coaches.

1 Centennial

2 Brentwood

3 Indy

4 Dickson

5 Ravenwood

6 Franklin

7 Summit

Centennial isn't going to win the district this year. Especially not with everything they lost. I think Indy/Franklin/Brentwood are the top 3... Centennial will finish 4th or 5th... Some of y'all are sipping the centennial Kool aid a little too hard.

1 Centennial

2 Brentwood

3 Indy

4 Dickson

5 Ravenwood

6 Franklin

7 Summit

The Rebels are also suffering the effects of the re-zoning a few years ago (not going to dominate with only GMS athletes) and a new WCS Superintendent who cracked down on the shenanigans with FHS IB program. IHS will be interesting to watch. Not certain their two best players will return. Especially the one who had to sit out this year.

Centennial isn't going to win the district this year. Especially not with everything they lost. I think Indy/Franklin/Brentwood are the top 3... Centennial will finish 4th or 5th... Some of y'all are sipping the centennial Kool aid a little too hard.

BHS lost over 35 seniors with I think all them being starters and IHS lost somewhere around 23 seniors and returns only one lineman who played significant varsity minutes. The district is wide open and that's why a well coached team with a lot of athletes and returning players stands a good chance of winning it all. Not drinking anything; just looking at it objectively. And for the record; CHS is not my team. But as I said above, haters will hate. Just didn't think it would be so soon.

Edited by SummaryJudgment

Looking forward to the Mt Juliet / Centennial game Sept 27. Should be a great one.

BHS lost over 35 seniors with I think all them being starters and IHS lost somewhere around 23 seniors and returns only one lineman who played significant varsity minutes. The district is wide open and that's why a well coached team with a lot of athletes and returning players stands a good chance of winning it all. Not drinking anything; just looking at it objectively. And for the record; CHS is not my team. But as I said above, haters will hate. Just didn't think it would be so soon.

Not hating just being a realist. You won't replace a really good senior qb and rb combo that easy. If you think you do then you don't know much football.