Greenback's New Head Coach...

JSamson7

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

...Will be announced tomorrow. He will be an upgrade over who they have had lately, but I'm sure the school will be pleased to say the least.

Any idea who the new head coach will be. Im really shocked that there gonna name a head coach that quick. Why not give it a 2 wks and see who all might apply. But like Greenback will do im sure is just hire an assistant coach from the staff so they wont have to deal with the troubles of finding the best coach. Whoever is over the athletic department is a joke as far as im concerned. Ridge did a great job and brought life back into the Greenback program and if any says one of his assistants is an upgrade , I cant say that I agree with you. O well best of luck to whoever the new coach is.

Any idea who the new head coach will be. Im really shocked that there gonna name a head coach that quick. Why not give it a 2 wks and see who all might apply. But like Greenback will do im sure is just hire an assistant coach from the staff so they wont have to deal with the troubles of finding the best coach. Whoever is over the athletic department is a joke as far as im concerned. Ridge did a great job and brought life back into the Greenback program and if any says one of his assistants is an upgrade , I cant say that I agree with you. O well best of luck to whoever the new coach is.

Coach Hicks will get the job as he well deserves!He has been the main motivator the past two season,not taking a thing away from Ridge.The offense is Hicks and McCarter runs the D i won't bash Ridge and say an assistant will be an upgrade but it DEFINEATLY will not be a downgrade!Greenback has only had a handful of bad football yrs,bringing life as you say to a tradition rich place like Greenback I don't know if I would say he did that on his own,the O-coor and D-coor had a lot to do with that also.He inherited one of the most talented underclassmen group ever at GB when he took over,we actually expected a little more from them especially this yr.Hicks will be a fine head coach I look forward to spring.

Coach Hicks will get the job as he well deserves!He has been the main motivator the past two season,not taking a thing away from Ridge.The offense is Hicks and McCarter runs the D i won't bash Ridge and say an assistant will be an upgrade but it DEFINEATLY will not be a downgrade!Greenback has only had a handful of bad football yrs,bringing life as you say to a tradition rich place like Greenback I don't know if I would say he did that on his own,the O-coor and D-coor had a lot to do with that also.He inherited one of the most talented underclassmen group ever at GB when he took over,we actually expected a little more from them especially this yr.Hicks will be a fine head coach I look forward to spring.

Well you seem to be the man in Greenback with all of the inside info of the football program so if you think this was the way to go with the hire I guess ill get on board with you. Best of luck to Hicks, bring us some Glory and Gold Balls lol. Whats the schedule looking like next yr. , what new teams have we picked up on the schedule?

Well you seem to be the man in Greenback with all of the inside info of the football program so if you think this was the way to go with the hire I guess ill get on board with you. Best of luck to Hicks, bring us some Glory and Gold Balls lol. Whats the schedule looking like next yr. , what new teams have we picked up on the schedule?

I would say i know a little more than the average fan.I have been around it for along time,helped coach these kids in youth ball and have a incoming Sr and graduated a player in 2011 also had a son who graduated in 2010 that played basketball.Most everone knows who i am on here including the coaches so i dont hide nothing i say whats usually on my mind,i dont blow smoke up anyones hind end including coaches.Coach Hicks really cares about the kids and the program he works very hard to prepare the kids.Coach Ridge had another responcibilty to the central office that only garnered him one more year of coaching.Coach Hicks started most of the practices and did a great job in motivating these kids again not taking anything away from coach Ridge a good man and a good coach.His down side is he doesnt relate well to the players,coach Hicks does a better job at that and PERSONALLY think that will benefit us in the long run.You got to have kids willing to do anything for you on the football field(thats legal).I ask you this question-why not hire within when the coach knows the system and the system has worked for the past two years?As O-coor he has only lost 4 games.As for the schedule,first game Sweetwater home,Gatlinburg Pittman home,at Meigs then at Coalfield then at Oneida i believe this is correct.That is tough enough for anybody!Then we still have Sweetwater a 3A playoff team,and Grace who will be a top five team in 2a,Rockwood who should be a better footbal team,probably the toughest schedule in 1A i would think! Edited by orngnblk