Officials. Please someone HELP!

TNHSfan

You know everytime we play you guys...ya'll initiate some kind of BS(like running through our warm up line) ...i can't wait till ya'll come to TC also...we won't need OT to spank ya'lls donkey.

I heard the 2 TC players (being generous here as I understand they don't play much at all) made haste for the FCS student section after the game while the coach was busy showing off his new Gold Polo shirt to the Hartsvillians.

I heard the 2 TC players (being generous here as I understand they don't play much at all) made haste for the FCS student section after the game while the coach was busy showing off his new Gold Polo shirt to the Hartsvillians.

Wonder what that student section must have been saying to make them boys want to do that?

they all have a history of success ...unlike the commodedoors

A success that you have absolutely nothing to do with other than question the coaches and the toughness of the kids that put on the Yellow Jacket uniforms. Actually, those kids deserve better than a fan like yourself. Edited by orangecrush

In the Catholic Bearden game, the Irish were down 5 and their center blocked an attempted dunk by a Bearden player. The ref (who was trailing the play) called an intentional foul on a blocked shot! Goal tending, I can see, but to call an intentional foul in a 5 point game? The ref gave no explanation as to why the foul was called. He wouldn't talk to the head coach at Catholic and told the player, you know what you did. Replay of the game tape shows no contact with the body at all.

In the Catholic Bearden game, the Irish were down 5 and their center blocked an attempted dunk by a Bearden player. The ref (who was trailing the play) called an intentional foul on a blocked shot! Goal tending, I can see, but to call an intentional foul in a 5 point game? The ref gave no explanation as to why the foul was called. He wouldn't talk to the head coach at Catholic and told the player, you know what you did. Replay of the game tape shows no contact with the body at all.

This EXACT same thing happened at the TC vs FC game. EXACTLY.

No use in complaining about officials. TSSAA admits that they loose the better officials each year to JUCO games and others due to pay. So what you end up with are weaker and weaker officials overseeing and controlling quicker and more physical games, which makes for a pretty bad combination. The real check here should be the ADs that make up the Control Board that have allowed officials' pay to stay flat (thereby diluting the game quality and increasing player risk) while allowing executive comp ($577,321 in 2011 and up over $113,000 from 2009) and Assocation profitability to yield over $2,000,000 cash in 2011. I guess its okay to have marginal officials so long as we have great executives.

No use in complaining about officials. TSSAA admits that they loose the better officials each year to JUCO games and others due to pay. So what you end up with are weaker and weaker officials overseeing and controlling quicker and more physical games, which makes for a pretty bad combination. The real check here should be the ADs that make up the Control Board that have allowed officials' pay to stay flat (thereby diluting the game quality and increasing player risk) while allowing executive comp ($577,321 in 2011 and up over $113,000 from 2009) and Assocation profitability to yield over $2,000,000 cash in 2011. I guess its okay to have marginal officials so long as we have great executives.

On average, what do the officials get paid per game?

For varsity basketball I believe its $85 or $90 per game, which was increased last year by $5 after a four year freeze. Official's are paid directly by the schools and the Association took the position that athletic programs could not afford more and yet see first post, which athletic programs pay for too.