Officials. Please someone HELP!

TNHSfan

If someone on these posts swears or is inappropriate there is a button clearly labeled "report". This is what needs to happen with officials. I believe that many games are video recorded (although not high quality really for review) but is there a way to "report" an official for just completely wrecking a game?

No, nor is there a way to report those circumstances where control was lost and players flagrantly injured. The Association has set up this arrangement (fragmented officials associations) despite its own bylaws to the contrary in order to limit its liability. And those that pay the most (athletes/children) are the least suspecting for they have assumed someone somewhere actually cares about their safety. Freeze Executive pay and you'd have an outcry...freeze comp for those that control the risk of sport...who really cares? And those us that know and do nothing are just as guilty.

Last years tournament the officials seemed decent. I wonder if the regular season and the tournaments use different officials.

Generally you do see better officiating as you go deeper into tournament play but that is not an absolute. From what I've seen the majority of officials seem well qualified and well intended. Its the 20-25%that have no business being out there and whose primary motive is to experience power that could not be gained by other legitimate means that needs addressing.

Generally you do see better officiating as you go deeper into tournament play but that is not an absolute. From what I've seen the majority of officials seem well qualified and well intended. Its the 20-25%that have no business being out there and whose primary motive is to experience power that could not be gained by other legitimate means that needs addressing.

Amen brother!

Edited by devilfanatic

In a game last night, with the home team up by 15, early in the 4th quarter, the refs were ready to go home. They were letting the play get way, way too physical. Both sets of fans were complaining loudly that the refs need to call fouls or someone would get hurt.

One of the home parents yelled as one of the refs ran by on a transition break out, "Call something on someone before the kids get hurt." he said it twice. The ref stopped the fast break, called for a game administrator, and had the fan removed by security for unsportsman's like conduct.

I do not think he blow his whistle the rest of the game. The other 2 refs were still professional and at least tried to call the game respectfully.

Edited by DougS

Last years tournament the officials seemed decent. I wonder if the regular season and the tournaments use different officials.

This has been a pet peeve of mine for some years now. Kids are not allowed to show any emotions out on the court without being teed up. Back in the day, if u got a T, your coach would jump your butt and take you out of the game, and you'd have to sit and think about it. But, now a coach wont even take a kid out because their calling 4 or 5 a night, heck he wouldnt have enough players.. Ive sat in on these meeting they have and they laugh and brag about teeing kids and coaches up, Talk about going to youtube and watching em stick so and so, Its AWFUL!

Now to answer your question. Yes the officiating does get alittle better as you go thru the tourny. The reason is each Association HAS to have at least ONE official from each association represented at the State tourny. It may be a girls game but each Association gets one rep. .Usually that person is the golden child of that association. But, its so political!!!! you could be an oustanding official and because you didnt pay the 450.00 and take a few days off work and attend THEIR camp, you wont get the good games. Its a crock!! Im sure each director gets a kick back from camp directors for sure. Also, I bet you wont see one pot bellied official at the state. They would rather u look good than be good, Period.