Sad day for Smith County

Antwan

Guest Termite

I would have thought that gentry would have taken over after maynord stepped out. Hes been under maynord for a while now. Thoughts?

A VERY VERY difficult situation for Gentry right now.

Who knows? It really will depend on who puts in. I think there will be some very good established head coaches put in. It will be interesting to see who does. The facilites and program in place will draw some interest...at least.

Also, with the number of coaches leaving, the new coach will be able to bring assistants with him. A big plus for the job.

Also, with the number of coaches leaving, the new coach will be able to bring assistants with him. A big plus for the job.

Who else is leaving???? And why? Not like its a crappy gig. Nice facilities. Nice field. Tons of players and great booster support. I dont get it? Will somebody that knows more than me please clue me in?

Guest Termite

Who else is leaving???? And why? Not like its a crappy gig. Nice facilities. Nice field. Tons of players and great booster support. I dont get it? Will somebody that knows more than me please clue me in?

Maynard, Gentry, and probably Tackett and Foster. Brad Tackett has went with Maynard everywhere he goes. Foster lives in Baxter and it's closer to home for him.

I think it's still too early to tell about where some SC assistants end up. Guess it depends on who is hired as HC. I wonder what the timeline looks like for the new hire?

You would think it would be asap considering spring practices are just around the corner. But i believe id take my time and find a good fit. I guarantee first 2 that will get a call will be rankin then creasy. Weather theyd be interested or not who knows. Gonna bd interesting to watch it all unfold. Who makes the decision on whom to hire?