8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Cannon has actually played tough in quite a few games. I could see a complete sweep if they have a good game. Of course the other three teams should focus on their games, lol. Kind of sounds like we're taking those games as a given. I know we're not, but I'm just saying.

I remember a few years back when the region involved Station Camp, Greenbrier, and those teams. We worried if our #1 could beat their #4! Things sure have changed!

Sorry. They reported the all district awards incorrectly if you look @ what's on their site. No big deal just couldn't believe they posted it that quickly that day without confirming the all district teams with other media or coaches. Caused some confusion with parents here. Good luck to all teams in tourney. Cannon boys have a tough one on Friday!

So was there actually a factual error? Or are you sayin that their reporting process was wrong? Not grilling you, I'm just honestly curious about who got missed.

The original post was wrong. Not their fault but the votes were counted incorrectly at the beginning and that's what they printed. After counting correctly Jared Case made first team and Jarrett Melton third team Not sure of other mistakes. I just figured they knew there was an error. Oh welll. thoughts on CC vs York?

Well I sure didn't hear anything about a miscount. I don't frequent wjle that much but I bet there's some contact info that someone could use to get the correct info up. I would do it, but I haven't seen any other sites that have the list, so I would hate to call them out without any "evidence."

If its any consolation, both wjle and the local paper have our game listed as being at 8:30 Saturday night instead of 7:30. So half of our fans may not even show!

Also, I think cannon is the favorite, but if York plays like they did against DC in Jamestown, they would be hard to beat.

Well Bledsoe destroyed York earlier in the season, but like last year, Smith came to Dunlap and played a close game and Sequatchie made it to the finals. Not comparing Bledsoe to last years Dunlap team because its a big difference but still, most didn't give Sequatchie a chance against DeKalb either.

No offense to York, but they've been destroyed by the whole district this season with the exception of CM and SC. They did beat Sequatchie by double digits, which goes to show why most people aren't giving them much of a chance with 8AA. I doubt it's York though. I really think it'll be Cannon.

No offense to York, but they've been destroyed by the whole district this season with the exception of CM and SC. They did beat Sequatchie by double digits, which goes to show why most people aren't giving them much of a chance with 8AA. I doubt it's York though. I really think it'll be Cannon.

I was at the York vs Sequatchie game, York had one boy who couldn't miss that night. And Sequatchie lost all main contributors except one from last years team.

That seems about like what happend when York almost pulled a surprise win off against DeKalb after we lost Howell the second time. They were on their game that night.

Well, I think some of it was the fact that the freshman, Blevins, had a lot more experience the between the first and second time he played us. Starting as a freshman in the first district game, on the road no less, is probably a lot to take in. I really believe that the Dragns will be in the mix at the top of the district next year as their young players continue to mature.

Edited by dctiger

Heard that money was the issue with it being moved from Tech to begin with. And yes, I dread Region being in Dunlap. Guess we can always hope for an 8-AA sweep on both sides so it will come back to Cookeville! (I heard that this would happen if there was a sweep, is this true?) I think the only kink on the boys side will be Bledsoe. If they win their district, can our fourth place team beat them?

Just checked out Bledsoe's schedule and Clarkrange has beaten them twice! LA beat Clarkrange by 18 so I doubt Bledsoe can handle either of our top 4. Just my opinion!