8AA Mid Season Review

KITTY

Poteete never really got to play until his junior year. Sad to think back at what he could've done his first two years. Also excited to see the impact Jennings has on the court and the diamond as well.

You must be referring to basketball when you said Poteete didnt play much until he was a junior. He was starter by mid season his freshman year in football, I know I played.

Seems as though I remember Childers playing quarterback Poteetes freshman year. Guess I'm wrong, though. Crazy to think that they only won three games in two years with him getting playing time, even if some of the other players lacked in the talent department.

Edited by dctiger

Seems as though I remember Childers playing quarterback Poteetes freshman year. Guess I'm wrong, though. Crazy to think that they only won three games in two years with him getting playing time, even if some of the other players lacked in the talent department.

You are correct Ryan started the season out as starting qb but by mid season Poteete was named starter. Edited by DCTIGERFAN

I think we would have heard something definitive by now. I could be wrong but I don't think so...

Also, since we're here, what do you guys think next season will look like?

I'll say:

1. Upperman-return some good players, but will need to find a post game.

2. Livingston-Eldridge will be the centerpiece. Will need to find guard play.

3. Macon/York-don't really know anything about Macon, but they always competed when they were in 8-AA. York returns some good players, including freshman of the year Blevins.

5. DeKalb-DC will still have Roller, Lomas, Bone, and Patterson, but losing one of the most successful senior classes in school history will hurt. They could be dangerous by tournament time, though. Will HAVE to develop a post game.

6. Smith-lost some really good players off of a team that still struggled. Melton will have them in the right direction eventually, but it may take another couple of seasons.

7. Cannon-Henley is a dangerous player. The lions could definitely be higher. I think Larson is returning as well. I'm really unsure about putting CC this low, to be honest. 5, 6, and 7 could go many different directions I think.

8. Central-NO disrespect intended here, but the Central Tigers will have to get some wins in the district before I can put them higher. I'm not sure if they've even had a close game yet. But still, there's too much talent in the Buro for them to stay at the bottom forever.

Edited by dctiger