ONEIDA COACH

OLDSCHOOL44

Coach Yaden you get on the radio and cry about people not have any balls get you some and play the game I really dont think it matters that the distirct turnament is at Wartburg look at your home record against them 0 and 3 the only time you got a win was at wartburg lace them up and play the game and stay off the radio crying this was twice you have cryed about playing at the DOG POUND

Well, the officiating is horrible. Coaches have every right to stand up for their team when things like that are going on. I would much rather have a coach that cares and is passionate about my kids sport than one that's just gonna sit there and do nothing. Think about the money that Wartburg banks every year that tourney is there. How fair is that to the rest of the schools, not to mention the advantage of playing at home? Do you realize that Jellico has to drive every year about 1.5 hours? How fair is that? I am glad he did it. I don't per say know him, but sounds like he is the only one that has the guts to go out and stand up for what's right.

District site is voted on by schools ADs. With four Morgan county schools making up majority of District, Wartburg wins vote every year. May not be"fair" but it is done in the only fair way because the 3 smaller schools don't have big enough gyms in TSSAA's eyes to host the tournament. So a rotating site can't be done.

District site is voted on by schools ADs. With four Morgan county schools making up majority of District, Wartburg wins vote every year. May not be"fair" but it is done in the only fair way because the 3 smaller schools don't have big enough gyms in TSSAA's eyes to host the tournament. So a rotating site can't be done.

There isn't a neutral site nearby? For example, District 8-AA is predominately Upper Cumberland, so the tourney is usually at White County or Tennessee Tech. Thus, a neutral site for all schools involved. I mean, it's not like what I'm saying will ever make a difference, but I wonder if there are any nearby colleges, larger schools, etc.

There's Roane State in Harriman and Scott High. But with that said, I view it like this. If you want to be the best, you have to beat the best. If you have a good team, it shouldn't matter where you play. As far as the original post about Oneida's coach, his comments, while semi-valid, really don't amount to much. I'm all for standing up for your players, but when you berate the officials after EVERY call in every game, you lose credibility when you actually have a valid complaint. Just something to ponder.

I agree but I have seen them play in the past and this year. Their coach is no different than any other coach that I've seen that is truly passionate about the game and his team. I have never been one to judge officials but they are horrible not only around east tennessee but in middle too. Some are out of shape and there is no way they can keep up with the style of play. Well we all know why. The groups where the officials are directed from are all limited with officials so they have to take just about anybody who applies and passes the test. They are not held accountable for their actions. And we are all missing the point. Its not about coaches or tournaments, its about the kids. They will not be going big time DI so we need to make things as positive as possible. That tournament being held there every year is wrong. Period. Jellico has the capacity to host, so does Oneida and Sunbright. Before you say they don't they do. All you have to do is petition TSSAA and they approve it. I know that for a fact. Down deep surely everyone whether your from Wartburg or wherever knows that its unfair for the kids at each school to not get the opportunity to host a tourney.

Coach yaden at again this time he was talking trash during the game to the sunbright kids I have been told he does this alot next time it will be some other school's parent other than a Wartburg that he get's into it with or maybe they teach him something heard the sunbright parents was realy made GROW UP YADEN

• Upvote 1