ONEIDA COACH

OLDSCHOOL44

Oneida is plenty large enough to host the district tournament. So is Oliver Springs. Seems a bit unfair to have same school host every year.

Oliver Springs has to get a waiver from the TSSAA to host sub-state, which means they hold under 1000, which would be tight for a district tournament.. But both Oneida and Jellico are plenty big enough though.. they should have it at a neutral location if at all possible, in my opinion. Possibly Oak Ridge, or maybe Scott County?

They could play the tournament at one of Morgan County's fine correctional institutions. Plenty of great parking, excellent security, and time to visit relatives between games.

All joking aside, I don't see anything wrong with a school playing host the tournament. However, it should never be the same school year after year. Maybe Wartburg, Oneida, Jellico, and one other school could get on a rotation. That would be fair for all parties. The same schools should have to bear the travel burden every year. That's not right.

It was proven last night that Oliver Springs doesn't have enough room to host the tournament. They didn't even have enough room for the Wartburg/Oliver Springs game. Basically standing room only. If you can't seat the fans from 2 schools, how do you plan on seating fans from seven? Plus I don't know if Oliver Springs would be allowed due to their issues with their sub state game a few years back. TSSAA doesn't take lightly being lied to, even if it was something as small as lieing about how many people your gym can hold.

I have ceased trying to have a grievance here. My stance in general would be to make all schools equal in response to hosting any event. If everyone was in agreement that Wartburg should be the school that hosts the district tournament every year, then there would obviously be no "controversy" over where the games are played. Clearly that isn't the case in this instance....as stated the Oneida coach voiced his displeasure with it. Was he the only coach that verbalized an opposition to the site of the tournament? Could another coach have "secretly" had the same thought.....and not said anything for fear of receiving the same criticism Coach Yaden got? A central neutral sight would be great (Oak Ridge, Anderson County, Clinton) because everyone would travel and would be less familiar with the surroundings. Wartburg practices in that gym every day they don't have a game.....sounds like I could eventually get comfortable in there after three months! Just saying....I really don't care. Let the games begin.

:thumb: Kazanity :thumb: