Science Hill 104 Crockett 10

AlumnI01

Somethings have been overlooked in this conversation. Crockett lost their best player before the season started and then had 2 more seniors quit just after the Christmas tournament. They're playing with 4 injured juniors and 5 sophomores of which only 2 players have varsity experience from last year. Needless to say they're just trying to get through the season without anymore injuries or major upheavals. This team was whipped in the first quarter of the game and everybody there knew it especially the SH coaches. I think Crockett's trying to build a program with their coaching changes in the last couple of years but their biggest problem is losing players to other schools. Some of Daniel Boone's players should be a Crockett right now because they live in that district. They've also lost players to Chucky Doak and some transferred to Kingsport. The problem is when a program is rebuilding few people want their kids to be part of that program, so the losing trend keeps on going. And the biggest program killer of them all...........letting a team score 100 points on you in a conference game. I could almost guarantee if there were some middle school players coming into High School next year on the fence about whether to go to Boone or Crockett that game just sealed it for them. Crokett does have some talent coming up from their freshman and j.v. teams if this doesn't kill it. Their j.v. squad actually finished 2nd in the conference this year at least in the regular season which included wins over all the sullivan county schools, dobyns-bennet, and yes even Science Hill. And if you ever wonder how far S.H. will go to get a win or just look good, after losing to Crockett and Boone during the season they pulled down 3 juniors from their Varsity to play in the J.V. tournament at the end of the year. No other team in the Big 8 did that. S.H. was in a full court press in that game when they were up 72 points, their starters were in through the end of the third quarter, the clock did not......always run continously in the second have......I was there.....I saw it stopped during time outs. S.H.'s team, coaches and fans wanted to score 100 that night, they talked about it, knew they could do it and did it. I don't think they ever considered the affect it would have on the other team or the conference and I dont think they care.

Its not their job to make the other team feel good. Stop them!!

Edited by wkktnvolsfan

Coachbob1, nothing like this ever happened at Page unless it was the other way around. He was always well respected among his peers when he was at Page. Obviously you have something personal against him and have decided to do the adult thing and take care of it on a message board. Stay classy "coachbob"

What is this? No one's talking about tonight's rematch between these two teams? They played at Crockett this time but the score wasn't much different. Science Hill won 105-30. Does this mean we'll get some more whining from Crockett's AD in the paper some time this week? Oh boy!

Edited by AlumnI01

What is this? No one's talking about tonight's rematch between these two teams? They played at Crockett this time but the score wasn't much different. Science Hill won 105-30. Does this mean we'll get some more whining from Crockett's AD in the paper some time this week? Oh boy!

In my opinion, SH was very gracious. They let Crockett triple their score from the previous meeting.