Science Hill 104 Crockett 10

AlumnI01

Judging by your asinine comments you are one of many people associated with SH who automatically thinks they are better than any other school just because the name on the jersey and the fact that yall are a rich kid school that has lots of money and don't even try to say yall don't point being crapping out money for a new football, basketball, and complete new wing of the school. Also yes Crockett has 5 feeder schools compared to ur 1 middle school that has 1300 which is the size of Crockett and SH has 2600 kids from a town of 60000 which means numerous amounts of athletes and u saying that them having the feeder schools should mean they should compete is a complete idiotic remark, I mean heck yall should be winning every athletic title in the conference. If all the other schools had the resources yall did they would be right up there with the god school of Science Hill. Point being Crockett is a county school having to compete with SH who has 3 times the resources to win games and doesn't get to choose from all the athletes that JC has, next time pick a better argument before u and all the rich SH fans can base the classless game that was played the other night, and yall wonder why every school hates yall , just another case of we think we are better than everybody else because we have more money than everybody else and our ego gets to the gym 10 minutes before we do.

If you are going to attack topper's logic of why Crockett should be more competitive, then perhaps you should make a better, more logical argument on why they can't beat Science Hill. If the size of Science Hill's population and budget is what makes them so successful, then that means that a AAA school like Crockett should be able dominate schools that are half their size. How have Crockett's girls fared this year against their smaller school competition? Losing to Unaka by 30 and 20- Getting beat by University High (twice) and Greenback. So I'm not sure that you can say that Science Hill wins these games by 94 points because of their size.

Let's be honest - if high shools in Tennessee can't win in a conference (established by the state on basis of enrollment and location) for an extended period of time - the thing that needs to be under scrutiny is that school's athletic program. If you want to know why your teams aren't competitive, take a look at the decisions and decision makers of your school. It is not the job of opposing coaches to make a team "seem competitive in a box score." It's the job of your coaches and athletic personnel to put people in place that will make your team better.

I've worked with and against Coach Barnwell...I don't think there's anything about him that makes him a jerk. He is a man of great focus and intensity, and I don't think he would run up the score to humiliate anyone. Having been a girl's coach at University High, he took his fair share of big losses. I never heard him accuse anyone of running the score up even when we were being pressed down 30 or 40. His answer was always to get in the gym and get better and control what we could control.

In response to CTG2X92's comments...you are right in that SHHS and DB should dominate that league in every sport. They are large and have resources that other schools do not. Even given that, how can you explain Crockett's inability to compete with schools like South? They are dropping down to AA so they are quite a bit smaller than Crockett, so based on earlier logic, this should mean Crockett should beat them every year.

Either two things on here are happening. 1 Blazer and Notthatitmatters are realated. or one in the same person speaking out both sides of their mouth. I was at the Boone game last night and heard one of their coaches saying just the same thing that was put on here. If that is the case you may need worry about just making the Region, and not someone elses team. I like both teams and watch games just about every night but this has gone far enough. Let it go people. Let it go.

Edited by TommyMan37604

Either two things on here are happening. 1 Blazer and Notthatitmatters are realated. or one in the same person speaking out both sides of their mouth. I was at the Boone game last night and heard one of their coaches saying just the same thing that was put on here. If that is the case you may need worry about just making the Region, and not someone elses team. As for a coach to publicly talk about another is classless I think. So comments from the Bonne coach, like we wont do what SH did tonight to his players on the bench is uncalled for. I like both teams and watch games just about every night but this has gone far enough. Let it go people. Let it go.

Clearly we all know that you think you know it all. But, I actually have no relation (RELATED, btw) to Blazer, Boone, Science Hill, or the Tri-Cities for that matter. I've actually probably been to Northeast Tennessee 8-10 times in my entire life. Sounds like you just have an issue with someone and are trying to find any reason possible to call that person out. Nice try, but it's not me. Good luck with that.

Somethings have been overlooked in this conversation. Crockett lost their best player before the season started and then had 2 more seniors quit just after the Christmas tournament. They're playing with 4 injured juniors and 5 sophomores of which only 2 players have varsity experience from last year. Needless to say they're just trying to get through the season without anymore injuries or major upheavals. This team was whipped in the first quarter of the game and everybody there knew it especially the SH coaches. I think Crockett's trying to build a program with their coaching changes in the last couple of years but their biggest problem is losing players to other schools. Some of Daniel Boone's players should be a Crockett right now because they live in that district. They've also lost players to Chucky Doak and some transferred to Kingsport. The problem is when a program is rebuilding few people want their kids to be part of that program, so the losing trend keeps on going. And the biggest program killer of them all...........letting a team score 100 points on you in a conference game. I could almost guarantee if there were some middle school players coming into High School next year on the fence about whether to go to Boone or Crockett that game just sealed it for them. Crokett does have some talent coming up from their freshman and j.v. teams if this doesn't kill it. Their j.v. squad actually finished 2nd in the conference this year at least in the regular season which included wins over all the sullivan county schools, dobyns-bennet, and yes even Science Hill. And if you ever wonder how far S.H. will go to get a win or just look good, after losing to Crockett and Boone during the season they pulled down 3 juniors from their Varsity to play in the J.V. tournament at the end of the year. No other team in the Big 8 did that. S.H. was in a full court press in that game when they were up 72 points, their starters were in through the end of the third quarter, the clock did not......always run continously in the second have......I was there.....I saw it stopped during time outs. S.H.'s team, coaches and fans wanted to score 100 that night, they talked about it, knew they could do it and did it. I don't think they ever considered the affect it would have on the other team or the conference and I dont think they care.