Science Hill 104 Crockett 10

AlumnI01

I guess "I was at the game and it was clear SH was not trying to run up the score" isn't good enough for you. I'm sorry but were you at the game, devilfanatic?

Didn't have to be. When you're up 75-5 at haltime and you send your starting 5 back out on the court that's running up the score and anyone that isn't biased towards SH will tell you the same thing.

I'm no where near biased toward SH. Yes I have seen many of their games through the years but I have no connection with the school or basketball program. SH has a wealth of talent that can go 8-9 deep and still compete with top teams. Unless you are coach barnwell or have spoken to coach barnwell you will not know if they ran the score up or not. But it was clear that coach barnwell was only trying to keep his girls ready for a tournament run

Didn't have to be. When you're up 75-5 at haltime and you send your starting 5 back out on the court that's running up the score and anyone that isn't biased towards SH will tell you the same thing.

What are you talking about. Even if they left their starters in for the rest of the game, THEY STILL ONLY SCORED 29 POINTS IN THE 2nd HALF!!!!! HOW is that running up the score?

My God people. This is a top 10 nationally ranked team playing a bad team. Why can't people comprehend that Science Hill is just THAT darn good and played well, and Crockett is just THAT darn bad, plus they didn't even show up nor care?? Why is that so hard to pathom??

Might as well give up...anyone who thinks that putting starters back in against a team you've outscored by 70 or so in a half is preparing them for the tournament definatly will not understand.Being competitive is great,having no respect for your opponent is entirely different...to some people it's the same thing.

Might as well give up...anyone who thinks that putting starters back in against a team you've outscored by 70 or so in a half is preparing them for the tournament definatly will not understand.Being competitive is great,having no respect for your opponent is entirely different...to some people it's the same thing.

Maybe the opponent should have repect for themselves first. They don't suck it up this bad every night. They came in already beat and didn't play worth a lick.

Oh really? You might want to take a good look at Blazers response to your post, particularly the part where Blazer says they have no bias or connection to the SH program.

Edited by AlumnI01

If SH ran the score up, which i don't know for a fact if they did or not, none of us do, but as the saying goes what comes around goes around. Someday they may catch themselves in the same type of situation if ill will was involved in this Crockett game. That's just how life works out. But, maybe they weren't running the score up purposely? None of us really know what the coach was thinking, but himself.

wow...I heard about the score to this a few days ago but didn't know all of this nonsense was going on.

When I first saw the score, my first thought was "well, that's Crockett...". Not meaning any disrespect, it's just the truth. Crockett is not a decent team and SH is a nationally ranked team primed for another meeting with Riverdale in the state tournament.

You can moan about the starters going back in after half time...get over it. This is basketball, you can't take a knee. When you put in your reserves, do you want them to stand in the backcourt and get 10 second violations??? No, you want them to run your offense, play defense, get some game experience for when they're starters next year.

And for Crockett, they're not the first team to get the crap beaten out of them. I've been on the losing side of several lopsided games. They'll either remain a substandard team or they'll put in the effort to improve. At some point in life, everyone realizes that there is always someone else better than you, but that doesn't mean you stop trying to make yourself better.

So, for you guys that are contributing to the sissification of American, shut up.

Edited by voltnh

wow...I heard about the score to this a few days ago but didn't know all of this nonsense was going on.

When I first saw the score, my first thought was "well, that's Crockett...". Not meaning any disrespect, it's just the truth. Crockett is not a decent team and SH is a nationally ranked team primed for another meeting with Riverdale in the state tournament.

You can moan about the starters going back in after half time...get over it. This is basketball, you can't take a knee. When you put in your reserves, do you want them to stand in the backcourt and get 10 second violations??? No, you want them to run your offense, play defense, get some game experience for when they're starters next year.

And for Crockett, they're not the first team to get the crap beaten out of them. I've been on the losing side of several lopsided games. They'll either remain a substandard team or they'll put in the effort to improve. At some point in life, everyone realizes that there is always someone else better than you, but that doesn't mean you stop trying to make yourself better.

So, for you guys that are contributing to the sissification of American, shut up.

You do have a point. Too many people's feelings in this country get hurt too easily nowadays. But, if there was ill will involved it will eventually come back around. You also need to maintain respect. Not saying SH did anything wrong, but your right. A lot of people have the everybody deserves a cookie mentality in this country nowadays. Sometimes life isn't fair. Pick yourself up and come back and try harder the next time. People aren't defined by there failures in this life, but how they respond after adversity.

I was not at the game. I believe it was 75-5 at the end of the first half. That would make it only 29-5 in the second half, so clearly Coach Barnwell took the foot off the gas in the second half some. Science Hill is a national caliber team. Crockett is trying to build a program that has been down for years. The difference in talent level is huge as the score indicates. If Science Hill had pressed for 4 quarters with no running clock, they probably could have scored 200 points. It is of no benefit for them to do so and they did not. I am sure Coach Conley would like his team to be more competitive, but they are not there yet. I would not read too much ill intent into this game. The 100 point mark always stirs up the emotional level. Science Hill is just that much better than Crockett right now. Most coaches will find themselves on both sides of a score like this at some point in their career. Some will score the 100, some will not and people will make a judgement call when they do. It should certainly serve as motivation to improve for the losing team.

Buddy, got news Science Hill is NO national caliber team. You guys just haven't beaten any great teams.

Buddy, got news Science Hill is NO national caliber team. You guys just haven't beaten any great teams.

McDonogh (MD), Whitney Young (Chicago), Mercy (KY), all teams that are either ranked in the top 5 in their state or ranked nationally when SH beat them. SH has also been nationally ranked the entire season.

They have also lost to some of those top teams. There isn't that kind of competition around hear, but Barnwell is going out to find it whenever he can.

Edited by voltnh