Wilson central ain't wrestled anybody and they are in the state finals

russian

Now I would love to watch a CBHS vs Cleveland match right now because I am not sure CBHS could beat a full Cleveland team now

CBHS has already beaten Cleveland twice this season. The first at the Clev. Duals. The last time against a full strength Cleveland at the Bruin Inv. just 3 weeks ago, and did it with two starters out and one injured during the tournament. Below we're the head to head match ups during the tournament.

113 Oliver pin debien 6-0

120 santi dec Stevison 9-0

126 gray dec Oliver 12-0

138 taylor dec wittman 12-3

145 parish pin Oliver 18-3

170 walthall tech vonpotts 23-3

195 mcolgan dec stukanov 26-3

220 palmore dec filbey 29-3

CBHS won the tournament and dominated the head to head.

Cleveland doesn't have a wrestler named Palmore at 220.

CBHS beat CHS at Cleveland Duals by 2 points while Cleveland was missing a few guys including 132 and 182 who usually get bonus points. CHS also beat FR 43-18 (again missing guys) compared to a 42-23 full strength CBHS win.

Tournaments are much different than duals and we all know that but CHBS did win 6 head-to-head matches against CHS in a tournament. Bonus points would be the difference in this dual as well as team point deductions and Cleveland is known for scoring many bonus points and hasn't had a team point deducted all season, which is a credit to the CHS coaches and quality men they are mentoring. Early season duals often present different teams than later in the year especially when teams were missing varsity wrestlers. Also, tournament results and common opponents are not ideal to determine predictions in a head-to-head dual for many reasons.

We all saw a full strength CHS team in dual action this weekend and I don't think anyone would argue the fact that they can compete with anyone in the state including CBHS. Its a match everyone would have loved to seen Saturday night and many believe CHS would win this one but we will never know. Both teams are very even but until we see a one class state championship its always going to be unsettled as to who the best truly is.

Congrats to both teams for winning the state duals and congrats to Cleveland for making Tennessee history by setting a new TSSAA record!

Cleveland doesn't have a wrestler named Palmore at 220.

Sorry, you're correct...CBHS Palmore Dec. over Cleveland Gaither.

CBHS 7-1 over Cleveland head to head match ups at the GP West/Bruin Inv. Was Cleveland not full strength three weeks ago?

CBHS beat CHS at Cleveland Duals by 2 points while Cleveland was missing a few guys including 132 and 182 who usually get bonus points. CHS also beat FR 43-18 (again missing guys) compared to a 42-23 full strength CBHS win.

Full strength CBHS? Are you kidding me??? What match did you watch?

After CBHS pins at 106 and 113 over Blansit and Debein, CBHS Santi FF's due to earlier injury at 120, no match wrestled (Santi over Stevison later at the Bruin 9-5). 126 and 285 are third string JV, and CBHS 220 did not wrestle. And if that's not enough...If you'll go back and check, every CBHS wrestler from 132-220 were wrestling a weight class up. Ultimately...depleted CBHS beats a depleted CHS. I guess that takes that excuse away.

I knew I'd hear the old missing guys at the Duals excuse. But, what about the Bruin???

Its a match everyone would have loved to seen Saturday night and many believe CHS would win this one but we will never know.

Cleveland had their chance twice, and came up short. Wrestling is a sport of attrition. No excuses. The Bro's have only been at full strength at one tournament all season in Granite City, IL, and set a point total record at the 52 year old tournament beating nationally ranked Neosho, MO and now nationally ranked Archer, GA. CBHS was not even full strength this weekend. But, the difference is...when you win, excuses are not necessary.

Just like Cleveland not accepting any excuses about a depleted Soddy team not being available at the State Duals to challenge them.

Congrats to both teams for winning the state duals

Agreed!

Prior to this weekend:

Wilson Central (37-2) <<Ranked #3 behind Soddy Daisy and Cleveland>>

Wins over #7 Blackman 50-16 and Tullahoma during Region Duals. This may be the only team in the state that can stick with the top-2 at the State Duals. Other notable wins this season include over #4 Heritage 44-23, #7 Blackman 46-24, #8 Pigeon Forge 60-11, #9 Ravenwood 46-26, #10 Beech 59-12, #13 Franklin 38-31, #18 Cookeville 63-12, #19 Dickson Co 52-12, #20 Independence 60-16, #23 Siegel 51-25, and Gibbs 69-12. Only losses are to Jefferson (GA) 54-18 and Gilmer (GA) 37-31.

I think some of the teams listed above would take offense to the "not having faced anyone" statements.

Congrats to Cleveland on a dominating performance. They definitely deserve to be listed in the top-50 in the nation in my opinion.

Well if you would quote my whole post you would understand that argueing the best team in the state without a one-class state championship is useless.

No excuses made here, apparently both teams were not at full strength in their first meeting when CBHS won by 2 points so agreeably that ones a wash so why keep bringing it up? CBHS won 7 head to head matches against CHS at the GP West in an invitational tournament, thats a tournament and thats only half of the matches so like I said it would be a very close dual, not sure what your point is there either. Celebrate and don't be so offended when everyone in the state wants to see a CHS/CBHS DUAL. What happened earlier in the season really doesn't matter now does it, wrestling is a sport of attrition remember. As I said before, CONGRATS! Both teams seem very even to most of us right now and only a current head-to-head dual would settle the debate. Clinging to early season results its useless at this point.

BTW Congrats on setting a record at an out-of-state tournament, we're proud of our team for setting a record at TSSAA state duals too.

Prior to this weekend:

Wilson Central (37-2) <<Ranked #3 behind Soddy Daisy and Cleveland>>

Wins over #7 Blackman 50-16 and Tullahoma during Region Duals. This may be the only team in the state that can stick with the top-2 at the State Duals. Other notable wins this season include over #4 Heritage 44-23, #7 Blackman 46-24, #8 Pigeon Forge 60-11, #9 Ravenwood 46-26, #10 Beech 59-12, #13 Franklin 38-31, #18 Cookeville 63-12, #19 Dickson Co 52-12, #20 Independence 60-16, #23 Siegel 51-25, and Gibbs 69-12. Only losses are to Jefferson (GA) 54-18 and Gilmer (GA) 37-31.

I think some of the teams listed above would take offense to the "not having faced anyone" statements.

Congrats to Cleveland on a dominating performance. They definitely deserve to be listed in the top-50 in the nation in my opinion.

Gilmer and Jefferson are both very good teams, probably close to a couple dozen state championships between the two. Jefferson also had a respectable finish at The Clash in MN. No shame in those losses.

"What happened earlier in the season really doesn't matter"??? I'm a Public school supporter and fully appreciate what Cleveland accomplished this weekend and all season long. But let's face it, they had not one, but TWO chances this season to defeat The Bro's and couldn't quite get it done. Give them their credit and stop insinuating a hypothetical victory if only you had a 3rd chance. Geez.