D-II Individual Tourney

In Hoc Signo Vinces

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You're right I shouldn't respond to idiots like you and the no-class posts like the ones you make. My fault totally so don't blame yourself for instigating it. I've posted very little about my son and when I have its been in response to negative posts like the one you just made. Nice try trying to take the high road now since you started this topic. No, I don't get people like you at all.

Nate Massengale is my name... so put that on the card...and just for the record...keeg was beating him on his feet til he hurt his knee...for you to count points scored when the kid was hurt and still trying to wrestle proves... what all that know you... already know...

Edited by mfceo

Don't know what any of this has to do with D2 Tournament that was under discussion.

What was the score again when the 1st injury time out occurred? What was the score when the final injury time out occurred and the match ended? Matlock came out and scored quick and then Ethan wrestled back to take the lead and there was an injury timeout and then he added to his lead until the match ended when he took Matlock down to his back and he tapped out and the ref stopped the match. In a match like that with two quality wrestlers anything can happen and the outcome can't be predicted until the match is over. Believe me it wasn't the first time Ethan had been behind in a match and it won't be the last, most of the time he does what it takes to come out on top...sometimes he don't. I really don't care to discuss any of his matches on this board, I prefer to talk about team predictions and outcomes rather than individual. Matlock is a very good wrestler and we all sincerely hope that he has a quick and full recovery. We all hate it that it had to end the way it did for many different reasons.

Another thread hijacked, getting hard to talk wrestling on here without all the BS.

Anyone want to throw out predictions team and otherwise? Team score could be very interesting

I think that Christian Brothers will win it all as a team.

My Individual Picks

106: Trey Chalifoux, Ryan

113: Elijah Oliver, CBHS

120: Alex Elsea, McCallie

126: Nick Gray, CBHS

132: Adam Connell, McCallie

138: Pierce Olson, BGA

145: Mark Marchetti, Ryan

152: Kaleb Baker, CBHS

160: Brandon Hataway, CBHS

170: Barrett Walthall, CBHS

182: Houston Clements, Baylor

195: Big Red, MBA

220: Big Amos, BA

285: Tucker York, BA

Edited by getreal2005

I'm curious about something. Perhaps someone can help me understand why a particular match hasn't taken place this season.

Why did Marchetti and Baker not meet up head to head in the State Duals?

Granted they are not in the same weight class. But, isn't the intent to face off against the very best? Unless Ryan had a strategy in place that they felt would potential yield a Dual State Championship.

I would suspect that Ryan tried to avoid that match up if anything... why would you put your best wrestler up against baker where he would lose? They were smart and wrestled him in a match where he was guaranteed to score points vs. wasting him against super stud baker.

And baylor's 160 is bryson popp, 170 ryan parker, 182 houston clements