Volunteer Falcons

volfalcons

First off, on an earlier thread it stated Volunteer had transfers from Kingsport. No transfers from Kingsport are on the team. They do have a transfer from Virginia last year.

Mentioned also that Elizabethton and Johnson County, then the rest of the Watauga conference battling for third. I wouldn't count Whittemores Falcons out. They have a strong Sr. class, dedication from all players and they will be ready to play.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First off, my Vol stands for Volunteers as in the vols not the falcons. Second, it is awful early in the morning to be talking that way. I do not think anyone has counted them out, but you must admit that Betsy and Johnson Co. will be the teams to beat. If Volunteer plays hard as usual they MAY be able to upset some folks this year. Especially if those transfers from Kingsport pan out. :D

There are no transfers from Kingsport on Volunteer's basketball team this year. The only transfer I know of is a boy from Gate City, VA. Earlier someone had written that two boys sat out last year and are eligible this year. That is not true. Of the 8 or 9 players who stand at this time to get very much playing time, all but two home grown. One transfered in last year and the other I noted above. It is true that Elizabethton and Johnson County are the favorites in the conference this year, but Vollunteer has looked good in informal settings and are missing three probable starters because of football.

Guest EastTennFan

Volunteer open up with Tennessee High, then at Dobyns-Bennett, then a trip to a tough Bahamas tournament, then home for D-B and Cherokee all before their first conference game with Unicoi County. Playing all bigger schools. I dont know a tougher opening scheduale for a AA school. Falcons record might not be that good early but it will pay off down the road. I heard if they have a winning record at the Christmas break, the staff is going to shave their heads like Whittemore. Is this true...

easttennfan is right, we have no transfers on the team except for Marcus (gate city). ive heard they have been pretty tough so far in some games they played in johnson city. but like someone said earlier. they are missing in my eyes the best 3 players on the team, ben southam,andrew nelms and chuck lindholm, all of who play football.

Guest EastTennFan

I heard that Wes Smith said if Volunteer beats North twice he would shave his head....Also their would not be to much hair lost if those coaches shaved their heads...