Volunteer Falcons

volfalcons

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First...What your language Falcon, especially if you are a player. Next...My ID is basically my name, Henry Stokely. This year's team was picked fourth in the Watauga Conference. I believe we will surprise a lot of people, but the coaches expect a good season. That is why we are playing top AAA, not AA or A, teams before we start our conference play. It's not where you start but where you end the season. We have our eyes on the whole picture. I get mad when people want to bring out things that may or may not be true from the past. I wasn't at Volunteer last year and neither was half the staff. We are working in the surrent and things should be current. Coach Whitt was asked to comment on the difference from last year. I did some scouting for my AAU team and I can tell from outside the group looking in, that there seemed to be some problems within the group of players. Some players I thought played outside the team. I have never asked Coach Whitt about his teams from the past and do not want to know about the past teams. I am concerned with the present team and doing my best to teach these players how to play as a team. Yes I get mad about negative situations said, because I am not a negative person and hate to see someone starting this "he said, she said" stuff. What does it profit a man to live in the past?

I have saw Volunteer twice this year. They looked very good against Tennessee High. The DB game would have been different if Nelms had not gotten into foul trouble. This coaching staff is very good. They will get the job done if the parents and fans will be patient. I can already see the difference in how hard the kids play versus last year. This team will improve and will a team to be reckoned with. These coaches are excellent. Kids look like they will play with heart.

I can not find copper's first post either. Apparently, copper is a hit and run type. They hit and when they got torched they deleted the post. I do not know who copper is but I have a good idea. If the yare not man or woman enough to stand behind what they have to say, I say let us forget about him/her and get on with kicking butt.

If I could repeat it I would and I do not want to misquote anybody. In any event they were dissing Coach Whitt and the job he did last year. The ydid not like some of the comments Coach Whitt was quoted as making by the Times-News in the Basketball preview on Friday.

Volunteer beat Twin Springs 69-49 tonight.

It sounds like they had a successful trip to the Bahamas. They went 4-2 and won 3rd place in the tournament. The major negative was the loss to Tennessee High. The other loss was to the winner of the tournament.

That makes their complete record 6-3.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-4-02 8:53P]

Good luck to the falcons this season, Volunteer came to Tennessee Tech B-Ball camp and I got to meet your coaches up close and really enjoyed talking to them.

My dad is the coach for Elizabethton (tony hardin) and besides playing them I hope you have a great season.

From TTU assistant coach Hardin