Volunteer Falcons

volfalcons

Volunteer 103 Clinch 32. Clinch did not haave two of their starters. I don't think it would have made any difference. Now Volunteer has two games this weekend down in Rhea County. It appears that Bledsoe County is very beatable, but Chattanooga Central is a AAA school that only has one loss. It appears that they will be tough to beat.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EastTennFan

I heard Volunteer plays Washburn the first round and Washburn is now coached by Clark Powers (who has coached everywhere)...I heard a couple of years ago Whittemore and Powers did not get along when Powers was at Chuck-Doak...this should be interesting..will Whittemore have any mercy????

Yes, Volunteer plays Washburn in the first round of the Christmas Tournament. Check with Whalan, he has the pairings. I think Rhea County and Harmony Community play in the first round, but don't quote me.

I thought the games started at 10:00 and each hour and a half after that, with the last game scheduled to start at 8:30pm.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-19-02 9:37P]

The teams that are scheduled to be in the Volunteer Classic Christmas Tournament are Rhea County, Sulllian South, Rutledge, Hancock County, Harmony Community (OH), Sevier County, Washburn and, of course, Volunteer. This appearsto be a strong group of teams. It will be a good tournament.

For those who might be interested the girls teams will be Sullivan North, Sullivan South, Daniel Boone, Sullivan East, Powell Valley (TN), Rutledge, and Hancock County.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-20-02 11:05A]

Volunteer had great team play this weekend by beating Bledsoe County last night and Chattanooga city today. The Falcons are 11-4 and putting together a good team. The team chemistry is coming along good. The four losses have come to DB (2x) TN High, and Tabernacle (Bahamas). For a AA team that record is very good, especially dealing with mostly AAA teams the first stretch of the season. SEE all you Falcon fans at the Volunteer Classic Dec. 26th. Merry Christmas!!!

[Edited by Stokomo on 12-21-02 10:12P]