Volunteer Falcons

volfalcons

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest EastTennFan

Volunteer Vs D-B Tonight...it has to be the best game in the area...Volunteer should play much better than they did two weeks ago...D-B always has trouble in Church Hill's gym...the game should be a sell-out!!!!

[Edited by EastTennFan on 12-6-02 9:27A]

DB 82 Volunteer 60...

The score was no indication of how colse the game really was. Volunteer held a 43-42 lead with 4:09 to go in the third. DB scored the last 12 points to go up 54-43 at the start of the 4th. In the fourth, Volunteer cut it to 9 poist before DB went on to stretch the lead. Seth Jervis did not play. Taking nothing away from Seth, the score would not have been worse if he had played. DB's pressure for four quarters is what wore down our PG Andrew Nelms. DB has an excellent all-around team that will win a lot of games if they stay healthy...They have a deeper bench than one might expect also.

[Edited by Stokomo on 12-6-02 11:00P]

I realize that the coaches and players get down after any loss, but on the bright side of things is that of our four losses, three have been to AAA schools and the other was to a team that can recruit. When one looks at it from that perspective our season is looking good. There are a lot of teams that are going to lose to D-B by 20 or more points.

Because of the team Volunteer has I have been dissappointed in the attendance this year. Last night at the D-B game, although the attendance was up, it was not what it should have been. Volunteer has a big game with Unicoi County Tuesday night and play Cherokee next Saturday. Those games should tell a lot about attendance. Unicoi is always big because they seem to hate Volunteer and there is not any love lost on Volunteer's part. This is a good team and I think they deserve more support than they have gotten so far.

[Edited by CHHS72 on 12-10-02 7:40A]

Volunteer faces two of their bitterest rivals this week. Tuesday night they play Unicoi County. They had better be ready. Unicoi County hates Volunteer because Volunteer has messed up a season or two for them in the past. That was before the change in alignment. Volunteer and Unicoi County were the two best teams when the Greene County teams were in the conference.

Cherokee comes calling on Saturday. That will be an all day affair with the freshman girls starting things off at 1:00 p.m. Cherokee is having an off year and nothing would make their season like a win over Volunteer. Forget the records in this one.

I just wish they could get the sell out you predicted for the D-B game. The team has a way of feeding off the crowd when the crowd gets into the game.

As far as scoring is concerned, they have won when Lindhlom was the leading scorer, when Nelms was the leading scorer, when neither of them was the leading scorer, even when one of them scored very little. It seems to me that the team does whatever needs to be done in any particular game to win. I think D-B was so good that it really did not matter who scored or did not score, D-B was going to win. It is my understanding that the loss to Tabernacle Baptist had more to do with fatigue than who the scorers where and the loss to TN High was related to officiating or the lack thereof. It appears to me that the key has a lot to do with how Bellamy does.

If he show up the games are easier than if he does not show up. Seems like that lately he has not been showing up. Some of the rest of the players are playing as hard as they can in every game and are getting about as much as they can out of their ability. They need that out of everyone.