Covington Forfeits

CoachD33

KARMA, in my opinion, they got exactly what they deserved. I beleive this because, especially after the game, not shaking hands, a few Gatorade bottles being thrown into the Westview celebration, which Westview had a right to do. Westview did not deserve to have to face the best team in the district after finishing as runnerup. Coaches should look into changing that rule where the 1 seed plays the lowest seed team, but when things like this happen, someone gets the shaft....the good news is Covington got the shaft.

3 possibilitiies: IF they were cheating and knew it then they got what they deserved. IF they were cheating and did not know about it, then they should be fired for being stupid, 4 kids "move" to town for their senior year? A good AD would have definately had all those ducks in a row. IF they are innocent and unfairly found guilty, the TSSAA didn't think so.

In any of the 3 possibilities, there is one thing for certain...it is baseball time in Covington!

• 2 weeks later...

So why is it? the coach and AD are still going on with no repercussions/penalities. The real victims, the ones that did as they should, paid the price. Everyone (but the ones responsible and whose job it is) paid the consequences, the AD & coach certainly didn't. They're still in the game, tournament, going on as no violations happened. Ineligible players alleged in both golf & basketball. The kids that aspired and played 4 yrs, the parents, other teams(seeds), the district,region, students and all had thier opportunities pulled from under them, however as stated those resposible are still playing(coaching ADing). Not alot of good news from the TC system lately, was told this guy was given an administration position w/o qualifications or experience, practically no teaching experience. A free pass. "Hey I know you haven't taught and gained invaluable experience and couldn't manage a 15 student history class but hey here's an administration & AD position, you can take the required/necessary classes along the while, while you do it". Great moral builder. Classroom teaching should be a required prerequisite for an administrator not to mention applicable degrees needed, definitely not at Covington. Maybe oughta actually coach a sport and gain some experience as well before being an athletic director as well.

Just frustrating to see the kids,the reputation, the district and all others punished for something the adults in charge have created and to hear about the blatant disregard for protocol, experience and accomodations being made for such.

Many pay for the inexperience, incompetence of a few.

Both Haywood and Covington would of had excellent teams w/o this debacle and represented the district well.

whats the difference between what Covington did from what CPA is doing?

In general, CPA recruits their kids at the middle school level. the tuition is very high there. I wonder what the difference is between CPA and Ensworth????? At any rate, a coach should go check out a kids residence before he plays them, just to be on the safe side. Also, it can help coach get to know his players better.

Yes all this cost Covington a shot at the Regional's...And the losers are the kids that have actually been in this school for the past 4 years and have worked hard to get here and have their work all blown up in their face.... Our coach knows who our kids live with and where they live so dont give me that crap "I never knew they were lying they had the right documentation."

Agree

Edited by StBentley

So why is it? the coach and AD are still going on with no repercussions/penalities. The real victims, the ones that did as they should, paid the price. Everyone (but the ones responsible and whose job it is) paid the consequences, the AD & coach certainly didn't. They're still in the game, tournament, going on as no violations happened. Ineligible players alleged in both golf & basketball. The kids that aspired and played 4 yrs, the parents, other teams(seeds), the district,region, students and all had thier opportunities pulled from under them, however as stated those resposible are still playing(coaching ADing). Not alot of good news from the TC system lately, was told this guy was given an administration position w/o qualifications or experience, practically no teaching experience. A free pass. "Hey I know you haven't taught and gained invaluable experience and couldn't manage a 15 student history class but hey here's an administration & AD position, you can take the required/necessary classes along the while, while you do it". Great moral builder. Classroom teaching should be a required prerequisite for an administrator not to mention applicable degrees needed, definitely not at Covington. Maybe oughta actually coach a sport and gain some experience as well before being an athletic director as well.

Just frustrating to see the kids,the reputation, the district and all others punished for something the adults in charge have created and to hear about the blatant disregard for protocol, experience and accomodations being made for such.

Many pay for the inexperience, incompetence of a few.

Both Haywood and Covington would of had excellent teams w/o this debacle and represented the district well.

This coach and AD are still coaching while the kids are out of the tournament. Justice.. He also coaches the girls team. AD still doing whatever he does or doesn't do with the others. Kids pay the consequences however the adults go on as no violation(s) occurred. The adults who are paid & responsible , whose job it is to verify eligibility, conduct & engage in fair ethical play and responsibility go on without consequence. That's messed up. Ineligibles in both golf & basketball and who knows what else. I'd be kinda upset if I was a parent of one of the kids that has done what he was supposed to do all along and the mistakes of the adults in charge cut thier opportunities short, however they go on with no consequences. Should it be the student's job now to ensure that the adults are doing their job

Edited by StBentley

This coach and AD are still coaching while the kids are out of the tournament. Justice.. He also coaches the girls team. AD still doing whatever he does or doesn't do with the others. Kids pay the consequences however the adults go on as no violation(s) occurred. The adults who are paid & responsible , whose job it is to verify eligibility, conduct & engage in fair ethical play and responsibility go on without consequence. That's messed up. Ineligibles in both golf & basketball and who knows what else. I'd be kinda upset if I was a parent of one of the kids that has done what he was supposed to do all along and the mistakes of the adults in charge cut thier opportunities short, however they go on with no consequences. Should it be the student's job now to ensure that the adults are doing their job

I could not agree with you more!!