Covington Forfeits

CoachD33

Just got word from a reliable source that Covington has forfeited all District 13AA games and been dropped to the #10 seed for use of at least one ineligible player. That's all I know at this time.

Update: Release of information to media reports forfeit of all wins over season due to two ineligible transfers from fellow 13AA school Haywood County.

Edited by NWhoopaholic

I heard about these 2 transfers earlier in the year. Why is it just now being brought to the TSSAA's attention? The only one's this hurts is the winner of the Gibson/South Gibson game and the winner of the Crockett/Westview game tonight. Covington will still win this whole show regardless of where they're seeded.

I heard about these 2 transfers earlier in the year. Why is it just now being brought to the TSSAA's attention? The only one's this hurts is the winner of the Gibson/South Gibson game and the winner of the Crockett/Westview game tonight. Covington will still win this whole show regardless of where they're seeded.

I agree it hurts the 1st place team and the last place team, because you bout to send a team home for the year that was probably going to the regionals... My opinion is that you either leave them seeded at 1 or cancel they whole post season play.

I agree it hurts the 1st place team and the last place team, because you bout to send a team home for the year that was probably going to the regionals... My opinion is that you either leave them seeded at 1 or cancel they whole post season play.

I was thinking that too.... as good as Covington is, they're really the only one's capable of representing this district in Murfreesboro. However, I think if you make them forfeit post-season play, it'd make them rethink it all next time they go out recruiting. And not only make them rethink it, but also these other schools that are known recruiters.

It will definitely hurt whichever top seed Covington plays. They will probably beat either one of those teams with ease, and like y'all both said one of those teams would be going to the regional if they had met in the finals and not so early on.