D-II State Predictions

nashwrestling

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

106 - Chalifoux

113 - Oliver

120 - Elsea (Eckhart could pull an upset)

126 - fisher

132 - Connell

138 - Olson

145 - Marchetti (I have NO clue how one could think Parrish will beat Marchetti)

152 - Baker (Look for Simpson in the Finals)

160 - Popp

170 - Walthall

182 - Clements

195 - Garstin

220 - Mason

285 - Robertson

There will be many upsets, Akers being one I would love to see. Also, Simpson vs. Baker in the finals would be a great match, if Simpson pulled it off....that would be crazy. Clements is going to have to rise to the occassion to beat Hoodenpyle, although i heard he was hurt against him last time? Also...I'm not saying Parrish couldn't do it, but im going to say it. Marchetti is an animal.

D2 Prediction

Team Champion: The Purple Irish. Their coaches always seem to have their wrestlers ready for the individual tournament.

Very accurate statement, but after last year's amazing finish, 2013 goes to the Bro's, who- like d1 powerhouse Cleveland, is on a mission,,, but i must say... 2014 goes to the Purple Irish!

My biased Baylor parent predictions-

106- Michael Murphy - I am surpised at how many people are taking Chalifoux here. Murphy has yet to lose to a DII compeitior all season. He is simply the best wrestler at the weight

113- Oliver

120- Eckhart

126- Gray, watch Standifer though as a darkhorse...could be a contender if he gets hot at the right time, he owns a 2-1 record all time against Gray (with Gray winning the most recent of the matches)

132- Brunner, will rise to the occasion as ALWAYS, aka Mr. Febrary!

138- Sutherland

145- Marchetti

152- Simpson.... I mean Baker LOL!

160- Popp

170- Walthall, in a match with Parker that is closer than many may expect

182- Clements, how can you not take him in a rematch in his senior year??? Hoodenpyle will have trouble beating the Tarheel twice

195- Garsin, Norrad a darkhorse to make the finals here... only lost to Garstin and McOlgan by 3 points each

220- Mason

285- Robertson

As much as I would love to see the Baylor School come out on top, it's going to be hard for anyone to knock of this talented group of Brothers. Nevertheless, I'm proud of these Baylor boy's effort this season. Especially Cole Holloway and Caleb Powell whom competed in the Duals despite having medical permission. May be a different story if you add those two in the mix, but it was a valiant effort to say the least. Now it's time for some individuals to achieve their dreams.

Go Big Red!

I don't think Parker is a 14 year old freshman, closer to 15 if not 16.

'2946416']

.once again thanks for commenting on something you don't know about... but think you do...why does it even matter to you...you better take your extra time from your check into cash job and study that West TN kid you have in the semis....btw ..what's your address there in clevland...do you use the same one the running back from red bank used when he drove up 75 everyday with his Coach... better watch out for those hunting cameras those soddy boys have...they caught them raiders before over football...and they love there wrestling even more....jus sayin

My biased Baylor parent predictions-

106- Michael Murphy - I am surpised at how many people are taking Chalifoux here. Murphy has yet to lose to a DII compeitior all season. He is simply the best wrestler at the weight

113- Oliver

120- Eckhart

126- Gray, watch Standifer though as a darkhorse...could be a contender if he gets hot at the right time, he owns a 2-1 record all time against Gray (with Gray winning the most recent of the matches)

132- Brunner, will rise to the occasion as ALWAYS, aka Mr. Febrary!

138- Sutherland

145- Marchetti

152- Simpson.... I mean Baker LOL!

160- Popp

170- Walthall, in a match with Parker that is closer than many may expect

182- Clements, how can you not take him in a rematch in his senior year??? Hoodenpyle will have trouble beating the Tarheel twice

195- Garsin, Norrad a darkhorse to make the finals here... only lost to Garstin and McOlgan by 3 points each

220- Mason

285- Robertson

As much as I would love to see the Baylor School come out on top, it's going to be hard for anyone to knock of this talented group of Brothers. Nevertheless, I'm proud of these Baylor boy's effort this season. Especially Cole Holloway and Caleb Powell whom competed in the Duals despite having medical permission. May be a different story if you add those two in the mix, but it was a valiant effort to say the least. Now it's time for some individuals to achieve their dreams.

Go Big Red!

'2946416']

.once again thanks for commenting on something you don't know about... but think you do...why does it even matter to you...you better take your extra time from your check into cash job and study that West TN kid you have in the semis....btw ..what's your address there in clevland...do you use the same one the running back from red bank used when he drove up 75 everyday with his Coach... better watch out for those hunting cameras those soddy boys have...they caught them raiders before over football...and they love there wrestling even more....jus sayin

I've known the Parkers a long time now and the post I made was in no way a negative remark toward Ryan and I doubt his family took it that way. The post I responded to about his age implied that a young freshman Parker might not be able to hang with an older wrestler. All I'm saying is Ryan is a little bit older than your average freshman, which means he is more mature and more experienced than your typical freshman, meaning....don't under-estimate this young man regardless of his grade. My apologies for not spelling that out for you so even you could understand.

As far as the West Tn wrestler that you mentioned, he's a great wrestler and easliy the top 3 in the state at 182 (DIV 1). Ethan should know him pretty good by now after wrestling him twice this season so I don't know why I should study him, after all I'm not wrestling him. It should be one of many good matches at state with the top 3 being very close. Both of the semi's and the finals match will all be great matches in this weight no matter who comes out on top, either way it should be exciting. BTW If you knew me then you would know I put much less emphasis on winning and more on wrestling at or above your level each match and consistantly improving and making gains. So as long as that boy of mine wrestles his best I will be proud of him no matter where he is on the podium. I will admit though that the higher he stands the more proud I am, mostly because that usually means he held his composure and stepped up his game in a close battle. I'll take a close match (win or lose) over 20 easy wins.

For you to attack the integrity of Cleveland's program, school, administrators, coaches, and community with no justification shows what type of person you are.