New 2013 AAA Boys State Champ

DougS

According to the Commercial Appeal, Ridgeway will be without 10 players against Wooddale tonight due to a fight the other night with Overton. Ridgeway is going to have to call up some JV players in order to be able to have bench players. Is it possible for Ridgeway to lose to Wooddale without all of these players tomorrow or no?

It can happen but Ridgeway has a talented program from virsity to JV to Freshmen and. Woodale is not very good the only I can see it happen if the 10 players are Jonathon Burroughs Cook Desean Dockery Greg Pryor Brandon Mitchell Keon Peoples Kevin Shields Big Jalen Dennis Price if all of them are among the 10 then Wooddale has a chance

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It can happen but Ridgeway has a talented program from virsity to JV to Freshmen and. Woodale is not very good the only I can see it happen if the 10 players are Jonathon Burroughs Cook Desean Dockery Greg Pryor Brandon Mitchell Keon Peoples Kevin Shields Big Jalen Dennis Price if all of them are among the 10 then Wooddale has a chance

If Wooddale was able to beat Ridgeway it would be the upset of the new millenium! I bet their fans would rush the court and dance in the streets lol

Edited by devilfanatic

Ridgeway's JV would beat Wooddale varsity, easily.

Galilee:

I hope that is the case because the timing STINKS! Ridgeway can not afford to lose to Wooddale. I don't know how the TSSAA playoff selection process works so the point may be mute.

The competition is way to tight in Memphis, especially in AAA for this type of mistake. District 15 AAA's top two teams (Southwind, Ridgeway) along with 4 teams from District 16 AAA (Melrose, Whitehaven, White Station, Hamilton) all have state championship caliber teams full of D1 caliber players (ESPN's 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 basketball recruiting databases all have current Memphis High school players listed in each classification respectively); Memphis Central and Memphis East notwithstanding. Getting out of this meat grinder requires your full compliment of players. Anything less will have you packing your uniforms in mothballs before you desire.

Edited by kwc

Galilee:

I hope that is the case because the timing STINKS! Ridgeway can not afford to lose to Wooddale. I don't know how the TSSAA playoff selection process works so the point may be mute.

The competition is way to tight in Memphis, especially in AAA for this type of mistake. District 15 AAA's top two teams (Southwind, Ridgeway) along with 4 teams from District 16 AAA (Melrose, Whitehaven, White Station, Hamilton) all have state championship caliber teams full of D1 caliber players (ESPN's 2013, 2014, 2015 & 2016 basketball recruiting databases all have current Memphis High school players listed in each classification respectively); Memphis Central and Memphis East notwithstanding. Getting out of this meat grinder requires your full compliment of players. Anything less will have you packing your uniforms in. mothballs before you desire.

You are so true

KWC

I have seen both teams and WDL will not win any game vs RWY

Alright Galilee. I'm going to take your word for it.

By the way, the CA wrote a very nice article on Mitchell's PG, Mario McNeil. I see Micthell will be playing against Sheffield for the City Championship game. My barbar, who is Mitchell alum, has been singing the priases of the Micthell BBall team even before the season started. I think Mitchell is a favorite to win the Championship in AA.

On a different note:

White Station beats Melrose in quadruple overtime! WOW! Talk about battle royale! That was just a City Championship semi-final game!

Edited by kwc