District 14AA tournament @ Chester Co.

GCPioneer

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can't argue with facts.....Oh i did take the liberty to look up the state tournament results dating back to the 90's and every time a team out of 13AA faced a team out of 8AA they lost. just sayin....When GC won their gold ball Jackson County also won Gold in Class A and that would have been a monumental match up if JC was still in AA. In the end Brown would have out coached them and JC would have won it so be glad TSSAA moved us to Class A otherwise you wouldn't have the 1 gold ball that you do! :rolleyes:

Easy now....historically 7-8AA, whatever they change to, has been better than 13AA. I would have taken Gibson Co with Russell or Wizard in those 2 years against Jackson Co. Coach Brown shoulda went to the Lakers while he had the chance!

Sing to the Oak Ridge Boys song:

All the Gold

In Jackson Co

Is in a bank in the middle of Gainsboro

in Buddy Browns name

So if your dreamin

about gold balls

it dont matter at all what ya think is true

Jackson co is a whole new game!

By the way: how about a 13aa/7aa challenge in good ole Paris TN on November 16, 2013. I can set that up! We will even feed ya some fish!

Will even schedule Jackson Co vs Gibson Co and Clarkrange vs Union City

Edited by ParisRiverRat

Easy now....historically 7-8AA, whatever they change to, has been better than 13AA. I would have taken Gibson Co with Russell or Wizard in those 2 years against Jackson Co. Coach Brown shoulda went to the Lakers while he had the chance!

Sing to the Oak Ridge Boys song:

All the Gold

In Jackson Co

Is in a bank in the middle of Gainsboro

in Buddy Browns name

So if your dreamin

about gold balls

it dont matter at all what ya think is true

Jackson co is a whole new game!

By the way: how about a 13aa/7aa challenge in good ole Paris TN on November 16, 2013. I can set that up! We will even feed ya some fish!

Will even schedule Jackson Co vs Gibson Co and Clarkrange vs Union City

Now that would be worth the price of admission! I say seed them according to strength regardless of AA/A because JC and Crange are as good or better than any team in 8AA. I would say UC is as good as any team in 13AA as well. I'm all for it though so make it happen Rat and I'll bring the popcorn! :popcorneater:

GC you are in 14A along with the 8 that are currently in it. No one got moved out. 40 teams in the West Tenn 1A Section compared to an average of around 25 in the other 3 sections. But that's a different thread for a different time!

Thanks for that clarification. I didn't know how the new districts would happen. I just assumed we'd be in 14A. Also, nice tournament run by you guys!

Make it a two day event.... Friday and Saturday.... Friday 14A versus 7a... Saturday 13AA versus 7AA... Match the preseason number one picks versus each other, 2 seeds v. 2 seeds etc... It would be awesome! PRR, I know you have some

pull over in Henry Co., that'd be a good half way point for most teams.

Do a home and home thing where we come there one year and you guys up here the next. Would be awesome if someone would make this happen!! Would make every team that competed better!

Devilfinatic I take you are from Jackson County and I will give you Jackson County and Clarkrange, both Single A. Your earlier thread referenced 7 AA and I will tell you this Obion County lost one player in Macy Wright, a good player, and they are our 4 seed in 13 AA after they were the State Runner Up in 2012. 7 AA this year don't want any part of 13 AA. Since you guys are bringing up State Titles in the state programs you will see Bradford with 5 or 6 (a school in Gibson County), Gleason with 2 or 3, Trenton Peabody 2 State Titles, 1 Runner Up (another school in Gibson County) Humboldt 2 State Tiltles (another Gibson County School), Milan 1 state title, 1 Runner-Up (another Gibson County school) Westview 1 State Title, 1 Runner Up, Chester County 1 a few years back, Gibson County 2 State Titles, These are within a 35 mile radius other than Chester County. And I am sure I have left a few out. So, I will give you Jackson County and Clarkrange in single A. And Jackson County 3 peated in AA I believe. Very good teams. I referenced 13 AA in past 5 years. Westview 2 Final Fours, Gibson County 2 State Titles, Milan 1 Runner-Up, Obion County 1 Runner-Up. What has 7 AA done last 5 years? And to Grainger, McMinn Central and Livingston Academy and ? when you see the brackets and you see Obion, Westview, Covington or Dyersburg drawn you better get ready for a war and pack a good lunch.

Edited by pioneer42

Devilfinatic I take you are from Jackson County and I will give you Jackson County and Clarkrange, both Single A. Your earlier thread referenced 7 AA and I will tell you this Obion County lost one player in Macy Wright, a good player, and they are our 4 seed in 13 AA after they were the State Runner Up in 2012. 7 AA this year don't want any part of 13 AA. Since you guys are bringing up State Titles in the state programs you will see Bradford with 5 or 6 (a school in Gibson County), Gleason with 2 or 3, Trenton Peabody 2 State Titles, 1 Runner Up (another school in Gibson County) Humboldt 2 State Tiltles (another Gibson County School), Milan 1 state title, 1 Runner-Up (another Gibson County school) Westview 1 State Title, 1 Runner Up, Chester County 1 a few years back, Gibson County 2 State Titles, These are within a 35 mile radius other than Chester County. And I am sure I have left a few out. So, I will give you Jackson County and Clarkrange in single A. And Jackson County 3 peated in AA I believe. Very good teams. I referenced 13 AA in past 5 years. Westview 2 Final Fours, Gibson County 2 State Titles, Milan 1 Runner-Up, Obion County 1 Runner-Up. What has 7 AA done last 5 years? And to Grainger, McMinn Central and Livingston Academy and ? when you see the brackets and you see Obion, Westview, Covington or Dyersburg drawn you better get ready for a war and pack a good lunch.

I'm not talking about about "west" "middle" TN. I was directly comparing 2 districts, 13AA and 8AA. In the last 30 years when only counting Gold & Silver 8AA has 17 total! 9 Gold and 8 Silver!! Just one question how many does the teams that have or do comprise 13AA have?