Liberty Defeats Southside In The District Championship Game

nebuntyn

No I am not the coach, we have a great coach in F. Phillips. a rising star. A lot of AA schools ae trying to steal him. His staffis also good with former mitchell and memphis State great Andre Turner and former mcdonalds AA Duece Ford. I was the AD at Mitchell from 97-2008 but moved to Pittsburgh for 3 years and returned last year. I am now an administrator. Our enrolment has fallen tremendously, when I left in 08 we had 1200 students, now we have less than 500. Our enrollment is picking back up and we will only be down for 2 years. Our schedule next yera is awesome with Melrose, Hamilton, Whitehaven, Poular Bluff Classic, and we are working on CPA and JSS, so e will be ok. Single A get ready

And them you play Middle College, Power Center, KIPP and on and on. Very weak for a team that will compete for a AA state championship. You have 4 more years before reclassification right? Can you move back up before reclassification takes place?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes after 2 years you can ask to move up. With all respect besides Sheffield the other teams i our league this year were not much betterthan the local 1A teams. With our non league schedule we will be fine. We do have 1A enrolment. Will TCA ask to move up with 1A numbers?

Oh no. We only have 230 kids in High School. No way we could compete in 2A with that type of enrollment. We could hold our own against some of the teams but not on a consistent basis. Good luck to Mitchell for the rest of the year.

Oh no. We only have 230 kids in High School. No way we could compete in 2A with that type of enrollment. We could hold our own against some of the teams but not on a consistent basis. Good luck to Mitchell for the rest of the year.

Also Hillcrest Oakhaven and Fairley are moving down they will compete in A. So its not a bad move

From my understanding and I may be wrong on this. But, they changed the rules years ago, that a school can ask to play up in class but now, they have to play up in every sport. So, Mitchell may be great in basketball but they are probably better off being in Single-A in the rest of their sports. If they are going to play the schedule they have planned, then they will not be hurt by this move. District games will get out of hand, but loading up non-district schedule will take care of them not getting challenged.

Edited by LetMeHearYA

I feel that this district will produce the AA State Champion. All four teams on any given night can beat anyone and that's a credit to the kids and coaching. SS does impress you with its talent and should be the odds on favorite to win the state title. Fuller deserves credit for guiding them thus far. SS in playing without tremendous pressure now(they are the hunted) Will the live up to that pressure? We will see. Liberty and Bolivar........enough said........ they are the standard when it comes to this district and state for that matter with multiple state championships. Rudesil is great coach and what Greene has done with Libertyhas been fantastic considering the change of coaches in consecutive years. FW is steadily improving and with the influx of talent they have now and in the upcoming years; they should be contenders for years to come. Don't really know too much about the coach. Most coaches will tell you that they get all or most of the blame with things are going bad and some or no credit when its smooth sailing, for example ..(he should win look at all that talent, I could could coach them) but that the nature of the beast. Its a what have you done for me lately type of position.

I respect the right of everyone to have an opinion...and I disagree with almost every one of yours.The closest we come to agreement(other than the fact that Liberty and Bolivar have great coaches) is that 14AA will produce a gold ball winner.On a given night any of these four can play amazing basketball...to be the champion you have to do it every game,and only two of these have the coaching to do that(Bolivar and Liberty).The Hawks have the players to have a subpar game and still win against most teams,but the likes of Liberty,Bolivar,CPA,ect...will beat you if you're off your best,as Liberty proved again in the championship game.Matchups will hurt Bolivar and Liberty somewhere along the run,question is can they compensate for weaknesses with "smart basketball"?The thing that stands out most is your support of Fuller...he may be a great guy,and I take no pleasure in harping on the subject,but give Rudesill the talent that Fuller has and they're 10 to 15 points better per game...better defense,better shot selection,better team.Too much one on one(or two)basketball on offense,and too inconsistant against the press to even be considered as a well coached team. Edited by tradertwo

I respect the right of everyone to have an opinion...and I disagree with almost every one of yours.The closest we come to agreement(other than the fact that Liberty and Bolivar have great coaches) is that 14AA will produce a gold ball winner.On a given night any of these four can play amazing basketball...to be the champion you have to do it every game,and only two of these have the coaching to do that(Bolivar and Liberty).The Hawks have the players to have a subpar game and still win against most teams,but the likes of Liberty,Bolivar,CPA,ect...will beat you if you're off your best,as Liberty proved again in the championship game.Matchups will hurt Bolivar and Liberty somewhere along the run,question is can they compensate for weaknesses with "smart basketball"?The thing that stands out most is your support of Fuller...he may be a great guy,and I take no pleasure in harping on the subject,but give Rudesill the talent that Fuller has and they're 10 to 15 points better per game...better defense,better shot selection,better team.Too much one on one(or two)basketball on offense,and too inconsistant against the press to even be considered as a well coached team.

I don't know any of the coaches in this district personally. I'm just an unbias viewer of West TN basketball. I just feel overall coaches on any level get more credit than they deserve and more blame that they deserve. I've seen all of these teams at some point and time not play their best. Is that coaching or something else? I agree SS tends to revert to one on one basketball at times. With Rudesil track record, I can understand why you would say that he could take the SS team and dominate but that's all hypothetical.

I agree that ss was out coached ss post player hicks was scoring at will in the 1st but for some reason they stopped feeding him till late in the 4th which has to do with the poor coaching ss has but the main thing that concerned me was that liberty wanted it more and thats hard for me to say being a ss fan but its the truth.....I was at the game and i cant even tell u how many times liberty got 2 3 4 shots in one possession and the offense rebounds where coming from libertys guards who are under 6 ft tall.....ss has more talent than anyone in west tn outside of some of the memphis schools should beat teams like liberty fayette bolivar by 15-20 points everytime they play but the bolivar win and 2 liberty wins vs ss came from them wanting to win and playing with more heart

I agree that ss was out coached ss post player hicks was scoring at will in the 1st but for some reason they stopped feeding him till late in the 4th which has to do with the poor coaching ss has but the main thing that concerned me was that liberty wanted it more and thats hard for me to say being a ss fan but its the truth.....I was at the game and i cant even tell u how many times liberty got 2 3 4 shots in one possession and the offense rebounds where coming from libertys guards who are under 6 ft tall.....ss has more talent than anyone in west tn outside of some of the memphis schools should beat teams like liberty fayette bolivar by 15-20 points everytime they play but the bolivar win and 2 liberty wins vs ss came from them wanting to win and playing with more heart

I didn't get a chance to make the boy's championship game. That being said are most ss fans displeased with the way fuller is coaching and would they like to see someone else try to lead this team. ss is going t be loaded for years to come.