Upper Cumberland - West TN Classic

ParisRiverRat

In the works....Bethel University in McKenzie or Henry Co HS as a possible host spot. My buddy who puts on the Mid America Football Classic in Henry Co is working on it.

QBCLUB PREZ is wanting to do a Border Wars deal with some KY schools. I am wanting to get 4-5 upper cumberland teams to play 4-5 West TN teams. ???? for the group, who will be the top 4-5 teams next year in each area?

I think: and would want to invite...

Jackson Co vs Union City A favorites

Clarkrange vs Gibson Co A favorites

Dyersburg vs Livingston Acad AA

Upperman vs Westview AA

Cannon Co vs Obion Co AA

Blackman vs some powerhouse

McKenzie vs Henry Co to get the home folks to support the event...

KY Schools close…Graves Co, Marshall Co, McCracken Co HS (new school)

What are thoughts? And can we make it happen?

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You have more contacts up there than I do. I can get in touch with Phil Jackson, I mean, Jim Brown. We are going to look at doing it the weekend after State football championship or mid November opposite Thanksgiving. Lots of details to work out with the behind the scenes issues.

I want to do 4 games on Friday possibly and definately 8-9 games on Saturday. I would love to have 4-5 of those games being uppercumberland vs west TN. Would also love to have 2 top 25 USA teams compete against each other also. Blackman might be one of those NEXT year. Would also like to get some good teams with top players like Creekwood with the Bell girl, Dickson Co has a STUD freshman, and so forth.

PRR, go for a Riverdale/Memphis Central game. Memphis Central is losing their stud player, but they have some studs still coming up too. Riverdale will have Alexis Middleton back who is one of the top 10 players in the nation. Every year Central and Riverdale try to play each other. Paris/McKenzie would be a good half way point for them to meet.

Bethel would be an AWESOME host site with their new arena. I don't see why Bethel would turn away such an event. Make all of this happen man!

Edited by GCPioneer

GCPioneer, give us your best (top 10) Northwest TN girls basketball teams. (North of I-40/West of TN River plus adding Lexington, Riverside, and Jackson Schools if they would qualify)....

Well...for next year...

Single A teams would be: Union City, Gibson Co., Greenfield, Middleton, Lake Co.

Double A teams would be: Westview, Dyersburg, Covington(not above I-40, but 13AA)

Only 8 teams really.... talent is going to be down some around here next year... Westview, Dyersburg, Covington, UC, Gibson, Greenfield, Middleton will all be really solid teams next year.... Lake Co. will still be decent but will fall off compared to this year. They lose their star player but still have some talent coming up.

I would say Obion, but they lose ALOTTT this year.

Edited by GCPioneer

Well...for next year...

Single A teams would be: Union City, Gibson Co., Greenfield, Middleton, Lake Co.

Double A teams would be: Westview, Dyersburg, Covington(not above I-40, but 13AA)

Only 8 teams really.... talent is going to be down some around here next year... Westview, Dyersburg, Covington, UC, Gibson, Greenfield, Middleton will all be really solid teams next year.... Lake Co. will still be decent but will fall off compared to this year. They lose their star player but still have some talent coming up.

I would say Obion, but they lose ALOTTT this year.

Heard Covington, Haywood Ripley were going to 15AA....

My ten teams north of I40 would be:

A: Union City, Gibson Co, Gleason, South Fulton, Greenfield, Lake Co

AA: Westview, Dyersburg, Obion Co (lose alot)

D2: USJ

District 12A is not very far from this area...some solid programs over there too

CreekWood

Dickson Co

Rossview all close too, and should be really good next year.

Edited by ParisRiverRat

Gleason loses their stud player this year. However, they're still Gleason... Same with South Fulton.... they lose the Cross girl who was 14A player of the year. Middleton will be extremely good next year. They had 1 or 2 underclassmen that were pretty legit. Greenfield, UC, Gibson will be 14A next year.

Westview and Dyersburg are the 2 best in 13AA next year. Obion Co. loses their whole starting 5 I believe.

Yea, I forgot about Cov. going to 15AA....

and yea, USJ... they lose their Ms. Basketball finalist and another starting guard that contributed a lot, but they have a PG who is going to be pretty good next year.

Edited by GCPioneer