Mt. Pleasant rumor

ddaddy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Coach Sharp is that dumb, contrary to what some fans think...HA Hey, I can talk that way about him, I actually like him!

Seriously, Mt Pleasant has lots of problems right now and I am sure that Coach Dugger is probably at a low ebb. An 0-10 season coupled with the suspension of his defensive coordinator, which resulted from the players deciding when they would play or not (at least one player).... it all adds up to a sour taste, I am sure.

Mt. Pleasant has always got talent, getting them to play has always been a problem.

Randy McNeese or Eddie Bassham would be excellent choices to fill the vacancy. Both are men of high character who the kids like and would play hard for. I believe that either of these two would be an excellent choice. Also, the community needs to get behind the new coach and help in upgrading the facilities. First, the Tigers need a new fieldhouse with a modern weight training facility. Second, the new coach needs a staff of qualified assistants. Mt. Pleasant has the potential to be a contender each year at either the 1A or 2A levels.

My sources in Columbia tell me they've heard no such news of a resignition from Coach Dugger. However everyone else I talked to say he is going to go after a horrible winless season. Most of the posts on here are correct, though. The players attitudes are the main problem at Mt. Pleasant. They have some of the best athletes born and raised in the Mid-State but are always a disappointment...in every sport. A despotic turnaround is indeed necessary if they ever hope to have any success athletic-wise. Good luck to possible replacements Bassham, West, McNeese, and possibly Sharp should he take the money and run after his Panthers win it all this year.

Mt. Pleasant has always had lots of football talent with such great athletes as the legendary Brian Buckneer, Chuck Drane, Tyson Webster, Lee Bailey, and Eric James just to name a few. And rumors are flowing on Greenwood Street that one former great is about to become the new head football coach in 2003...none other than Coach Eddie Bassham's son, Brandon. Although this would take several steps to take place, his family says he is interested and considering the actions he must take to take over after Dugger's resignition. The administration says "no comment" about the manner but an inside radio source says negotiations are underway. It has also been said his father would run the offense with West heading the defense and Knowles having an interest in how his son is to be used. Anyone from Mt. Pleasant with any information please keep us updated.

Those are some very talented people that are being mentioned for the coaching position , but let me give my suggestion. I was fortunate enough to play under Coach West and his will to win is unmatched. He had great discipline and I think he is exactly what Mt.Pleasant needs to turn it's football program around. Good luck Coach West!