crange vs clay co

TheRange

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So lets say in 2 years Watertown isn't as good in bball will it be a problem then? Or is it that in 100 years in Watertown history that they have good basketball team. And now is the time everyone wants to hold their hands up and call foul, because they beat your team. Yes is it an advantage 100% but if a team in 7a had a big enough gym you could host it there. Clay I think is the biggest of everyone's over there.

So lets say in 2 years Watertown isn't as good in bball will it be a problem then? Or is it that in 100 years in Watertown history that they have good basketball team. And now is the time everyone wants to hold their hands up and call foul, because they beat your team. Yes is it an advantage 100% but if a team in 7a had a big enough gym you could host it there. Clay I think is the biggest of everyone's over there.

Jackson County's gym is a lot bigger than Watertown's gym and I've complained for years about travelling all the way to Watertown because its not even close to being centrally located and the parking is very limited. I think if your gym is big enough those teams should rotate hosting but no one in 7A will agree to that and I think now that Watertown is becoming relevant there will be a change with them being allowed to host.

Jcounty's gym is probably just as big if not bigger than Watertown. The school used to be AA so it has a fairly large gym. I've said the best team will win regardless of where the game is played. It could be at a park for all I cared just think it should be a neutral court at least for the championship game. Prolly everyone in 7A minus Crange and Monterey has about the same size gym as watertown if not bigger. I dont care if watertown has a hundred state championships lol. I just feel the Championship should be neutral. Our district hosts games at livingston. District tourney and Regions is there. Regardless the best team that shows up on that day will win the game no matter where its at.

I've been reading this and I'd agree with the Smith Co. reccomendation. It's not 7A, but it isn't used while 8AA's tourney is held somewere else like Cookeville. It's a good size gym with two sections of bleachers on each side. I think it would be located just as good as Watertown.

Totally agree. This location makes the most sense.

I don't know if it is or not you gym have seats then a wall and then the upper deck..... It could be bigger but if I where to guess it is smaller... I am not opposed to going to a neutral court because the better team will win and their wouldn't be room for debate. And I know Pickett county gym is small. So Clay or Jackson would work IMO.

Edited by Fiveman

No one complained all those years when Watertown was getting the butts kicked by everyone but let them win and the whining begins. Watertown beat JC three times once on there on floor stop the crying

I agree I have seen a lot of butt kickings that h2o took in the 90s by picket..clay...etc in the regions when it was at h20 every yr and not 1 person complained......but this comes with winning so congrats to h20... enjoy the ride..........jc boys played as hard as any team I have seen in a while..h20 beat them worse earlier in the yr..