McMinn Central vs. Cannon County

chargerfanforlife

Going to be tough for Cannon County. I watched McMinn beat Cannon County in Woodberry in 2010 in the Sub-State and I watched McMinn beat Cannon County in the state tournament in 2011. They were two wars as I remember. Logic says McMinn will be tough to beat at the Roundhouse, but Cannon County has held their own all year. I am going to pick McMinn in a close one, because they are at home. But it will be a war.

Cannon County beat McMinn Central in a Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament in 2009, so the Chargerettes knew what they were up against when they played at Cannon County a couple months later in substate. The reason Central was playing on the road in substate that year was because they lost to a pretty solid Polk County team in the Region final. Polk's coach was old and crafty....having already lost to Central three times prior to the Regions, he slowed the championship game down to a snail's pace. I can't recall the score, but Polk won something like 17-14. Anyway, both Central and Polk won their substate game, so Region 3AA had two teams in Murfreesboro that year.

Just heard that MC is feeding the students before the game tonight. How many more students will attend this game because of that. The ROUNDHOUSE will be rockin!!

Don't forget that Central will also jack up the heat in the Roundhouse for this game.....something most opposing teams are acclimated to. The Chargerettes have practiced all week in tropical temps - it will be a scorcher in there!

I may be wrong but I think the atmosphere at the round house will help Central play better more than it makes Cannon play worse (I hope). No doubt Cannon has a big hill to climb. The last 10 years home teams have won 70% of sectional/substate games. Central is 8-3 in sectional/substate games since 2001 with a 7-2 home record I believe. Like I have said before Cannon's only edge may be Central's overconfidence. I give Cannon a 1 in 4 chance of winning.

Cannon County beat McMinn Central in a Thanksgiving or Christmas tournament in 2009, so the Chargerettes knew what they were up against when they played at Cannon County a couple months later in substate. The reason Central was playing on the road in substate that year was because they lost to a pretty solid Polk County team in the Region final. Polk's coach was old and crafty....having already lost to Central three times prior to the Regions, he slowed the championship game down to a snail's pace. I can't recall the score, but Polk won something like 17-14. Anyway, both Central and Polk won their substate game, so Region 3AA had two teams in Murfreesboro that year.

Can you keep us up to date on the score? On this thread. As it is probably the best matchup on paper of the substate.

I may be wrong but I think the atmosphere at the round house will help Central play better more than it makes Cannon play worse (I hope). No doubt Cannon has a big hill to climb. The last 10 years home teams have won 70% of sectional/substate games. Central is 8-3 in sectional/substate games since 2001 with a 7-2 home record I believe. Like I have said before Cannon's only edge may be Central's overconfidence. I give Cannon a 1 in 4 chance of winning.

I know every player and coach on the team. I promise you, they are not overconfident. They know how good Cannon is. Especially Abby Sissom. Central's attitude has never been to overlook an opponent. There are upsets but not generally because they've overlooked anybody. I'd say this game is about as even as it gets. It doesn't hurt one bit to be at the RoundHouse. Either way it goes, it's gonna be a good time!

That regional final game win by LA definitely put them in the driver seat with their sub state game. Cannon County definitely has a tougher hill to climb. But I have learned in 13 AA through the years that home court advantage is important, but not a given. We beat Dyersburg by 15 at our house 2 weeks before District Tournament and we had them at our house a full house I might add and lost this year to get knocked out. If Cannon can play poised, control TO's and fouls, they will probably have a chance. Especially in a hostile environment. Easier said than done though.

Don't forget that Central will also jack up the heat in the Roundhouse for this game.....something most opposing teams are acclimated to. The Chargerettes have practiced all week in tropical temps - it will be a scorcher in there!

Knowing Coach Dodgen, he probably prepared his team for that by doing the same. You won't get anything past him, and he won't allow his team to be unprepared for ANYthing. Good luck to both teams. Sadly, one must go on while the other must go home.

That regional final game win by LA definitely put them in the driver seat with their sub state game. Cannon County definitely has a tougher hill to climb. But I have learned in 13 AA through the years that home court advantage is important, but not a given. We beat Dyersburg by 15 at our house 2 weeks before District Tournament and we had them at our house a full house I might add and lost this year to get knocked out. If Cannon can play poised, control TO's and fouls, they will probably have a chance. Especially in a hostile environment. Easier said than done though.

Agree 100%. This is the only game all year that worries me that Cannon could potentially get blown out. I have no idea how this game will play out.

My guess MC will be too strong inside..65-50 final

I agree that Cannon will have trouble with Central's inside game. Cannon often lives and dies by the 3 pointer and if the treys fall they will be happy to trade 2 points for 3. If the treys don't drop then Cannon will not win this game.

Can you keep us up to date on the score? On this thread. As it is probably the best matchup on paper of the substate.

Maybe Cody, or someone else can keep you updated with the score via this thread. I'll be at the Bradley Central/Blackman game in Cleveland. Another source for scores is here on Coach T's scoreboard. Just click on it and scores from every substate game will appear, updating itself every couple of minutes.

Maybe Cody, or someone else can keep you updated with the score via this thread. I'll be at the Bradley Central/Blackman game in Cleveland. Another source for scores is here on Coach T's scoreboard. Just click on it and scores from every substate game will appear, updating itself every couple of minutes.

If I can remember, I'll update every quarter. If I don't put anything at all, it's either because we're getting beat ;) or I was just too excited to remember. I hope it's the latter!