Richland @ White House-Heritage Single A "Battle for the Boro".

NeWbLuE

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cleggy.....Richland will bring a lot of noise of their own. Their student section is incredible! I don't think there's a favorite in this one. Haven't seen WHH play...just looked at their schedule and. I've saw Richland play and they play very fundamental basketball. They screen well and make the right reads on their cuts....WHH better play fundamental defense or Richland will get lots of uncontested 3s. However, they don't have a strong presence inside and that could hurt them tonight. Pulling for the Raiders in this one. Richland by 1 (in OT of course!) :o

Richland has made it to the State Tournament but it has been several years. Dont remember the exact year. I will say the gym at Whh is very nice.

If I'm not mistaken them last time the Richland boys made the state tournament was 1988 with Bill Wallace(Bo Wallace's dad),Gerald Malone,the late Keith Spivey,Tim Dickey,Ray McElhiney and the Gilbert brothers.They played the tournament at Vanderbilt then.

If I'm not mistaken them last time the Richland boys made the state tournament was 1988 with Bill Wallace(Bo Wallace's dad),Gerald Malone,the late Keith Spivey,Tim Dickey,Ray McElhiney and the Gilbert brothers.They played the tournament at Vanderbilt then.

Last time we made it was 1990.

Edited by RidinSplinters

Last time we made it was 1990.

The boys made it in 1990 as well? I thought it was only the girls who made it in 1990.My bad.

Don't remember the boys making it that year.I remember the Lady Raiders making it that year because we got out of school to watch them.Karen Crabtree was in my grade (8th grade)and she got to dress out with the varsity that year.

Edited by bobcat93

Definately Pulling for the Patriots in this game and hope they win and get their first birth to the State Tournament. But as far as my prediciton of the game:

Richland 50

White House 42

Not as much scoring as I thought but had the Margin correct

Very solid Richland team, I just can't think what the outcome would have been if our 6-7 Center had not got hurt in Regional Semi's.

Well we got next year and trust me we will be solid.

As a whole pretty good game, but neither team seemed to be able to score consistently. The third quarter is where heritage lost the game in my opinion. As far as the game being different with cunningham, ya maybe, but probably not. Still wondering why heritage got literally maybe 2 touches in the paint when their senior center went 20 and 12 in the previous game against a much larger opponent. Heritage had its much bigger size advantage handling the ball at the top and in the high post for most of the game instead of establishing the ball in the paint like they should have and could have dominated richland down there. Not taking anything away from richland they played hard and won the game. Yes heritage might be solid next year.......for A, but lets be realistic and real PLEASE they hadn't played much competition this year. And the district they are going to next year IMO is much tougher than who they played this year. Not to mention the region change is 100%% tougher in grand scheme of basketball, I mean IMO and being honest I feel Greenbrier would have beat either one of those teams last night and they went out first round of district tournament to a ready for the season to be over WH team. So in perspective unless heritage gets some magical players or more transfers...going to be a very , very long year next year in the games that matter for the heritage patriots.

I really like Heritage as a team and as a school.I know quite a few people that are affiliated with the school and it is definitely the best school in Robertson Co. That being said it did kinda make me happy to see a Petrone coached team come up short again,I really think that his style of play and how he treats his players causes them to be tight in big games and afraid of making mistakes.They had a solid team this year but the district and region was way down.It will be a different world for Heritage next year- a sub .500 year more than likely.

I really like Heritage as a team and as a school.I know quite a few people that are affiliated with the school and it is definitely the best school in Robertson Co. That being said it did kinda make me happy to see a Petrone coached team come up short again,I really think that his style of play and how he treats his players causes them to be tight in big games and afraid of making mistakes.They had a solid team this year but the district and region was way down.It will be a different world for Heritage next year- a sub .500 year more than likely.

Grendel, thanks for the kind words about Heritage but are you serious??? In the new District 9AA that the Patriots are moving into, the teams have the following records this year:

White House 6-24

Westmoreland 8-19

Sycamore 9-21

Greenbrier 10-17

Harpeth 15-17

Cheatham Co. 27-4

That's mighty impressive and intimidating. I see the Patriots to be favorites next year. The most challenging team of that bunch will be Cheatham Co. which does return some good players. They will return J. Bailey (PG), T. Cunningham ©, and Sizemore (F). Not to mention a couple of transfers from E. Robertson (Jernigan) and White House Christian.(Krantz?). The Patriots will be solid and look forward to the challenges of new opponets. till then, its all just speculation so we will have long wait to see. As for Petrone, he may be a salty ole codger, but from what I've seen his players love him. It always easy to say the coach should have done this or that in retrospect from the bleacher's point of view, it's another to be on the front line dodging bullets. What beat the Patriots was missed FT's, poor shooting in the 2nd half, and poor rebounding.

Edited by Cleggy

Grendel, thanks for the kind words about Heritage but are you serious??? In the new District 9AA that the Patriots are moving into, the teams have the following records this year:

White House 6-24

Westmoreland 8-19

Sycamore 9-21

Greenbrier 10-17

Harpeth 15-17

Cheatham Co. 27-4

That's mighty impressive and intimidating. I see the Patriots to be favorites next year. The most challenging team of that bunch will be Cheatham Co. which does return some good players. They will return J. Bailey (PG), T. Cunningham ©, and Sizemore (F). Not to mention a couple of transfers from E. Robertson (Jernigan) and White House Christian.(Krantz?). The Patriots will be solid and look forward to the challenges of new opponets. till then, its all just speculation so we will have long wait to see. As for Petrone, he may be a salty ole codger, but from what I've seen his players love him. It always easy to say the coach should have done this or that in retrospect from the bleacher's point of view, it's another to be on the front line dodging bullets. What beat the Patriots was missed FT's, poor shooting in the 2nd half, and poor rebounding.

I am not sure if those transfers are guaranteed and AA is a much different beast then A. And not so fast about looking at overall records part of it is who you play against. Heritage's toughest opponent in state of tennessee you could argue was greenbrier.

Just look at the strength of Schedules and the other teams are in 2AA which lets just be real is a much more competitive and tougher league as a whole.

White House = 47

Harpeth = 7

Sycamore = 11

Greenbrier = 70

Cheatham County = 74

Westmoreland = 104

Heritage = 101 in A.

And if those transfers don't come (and the name is Kram) feel you would know that if he was for sure transfering to heritage.... you are only returning three players and one true post player or scorer. It was pretty apparent this year in that "dismal" district that Sizemore couldn't do much and didn't do much So to think that he is going to be able to dominate just because he has on a patriot uniform is a silly way of thinking. Not saying that heritage can't compete, but to think that they are favorites when those transfers haven't even came yet, and thats only 5 players?? is a little farfetched, but we will all find out soon enough, and I personally can't wait to see what happens !!

White House 6-24

Westmoreland 8-19

Sycamore 9-21

Greenbrier 10-17

Harpeth 15-17

Cheatham Co. 27-4

Sorry brother dont mean to interupt your conversation... Maybe free throws costs your boys the game mon. night BUT down here in Pulaski we seem to think our sticky man to man DEFENSE is what caused your poor shooting and our boys did some work on the boards as well.. By the way Richland missed over half their free throws so it could have been a larger margin.. Anyways good luck next year.. And AA will be tougher dont care what district u will be in.. a little bigger faster and more athletic on average. GO RAIDERS..