National Tourney in Memphis

wrestlingelite

The problem with duel tourneys is that most facilities are large enough to hold the number of mats needed to host a combined tourney. What happened this year is there was a lot of beginner tourneys in the east tn area so most clubs ended up sending splitting their resources to send beginner there and advanced kids elsewhere...

Why do we need two organizations wrestling folkstyle at the same time? We could do Saturdays and Sundays under one organization for more mat time.

Two organizations will help draw in potential competitors from different states and thus give kids a different look...

We use usa for Kentucky middle and youth. I would bring my guys down to tn more if.it wasn't aau

Mayhem in Memphis is a USAW event, in November. There is another tournament in January in the Memphis area that is also USAW. In addition, there is a middle school dual tournament here that to is USAW.

Now that was a Sharpshooter response... We have $10 state USAW cards in TN and we have seen your club in Memphis!

Many kids on my team have full USAW and AAU card. I was asking the question why a $14 card would stop someone out of state from coming to wrestle AAU in the Tennessee, if they wanted to come. We get both cards every year so my boy can wrestle in any tournament he wants.

• Upvote 1

Mayhem in Memphis is a USAW event, in November. There is another tournament in January in the Memphis area that is also USAW. In addition, there is a middle school dual tournament here that to is USAW.

If we are going to have two different Folkstyle organizations in AAU region 5 then lets not schedule on top of each other. Let's please coordinate better and not have competing tournaments in the same region at the same time, no matter what organization it is.

A $14 AAU card prevents you from brining kids to Tennessee to wrestle?

My middle schoolers do not pay for their cards so I pay for their league cards, my accounts are for middle and high school. So yes an extra 14 bucks a kid prevents me from coming to TN. If I went to a MS only tournament my parents have to drive, not the school. That is why most regular season MS tournaments in KY have a High School JV tournament tagged along with it.

Salter I have no issue with the two organizations at all. It has always been that way in TN since I was in high school in 02-06. But KY has completely left the AAU circuit and use USAW. If I had a completely separate account for my MS I would have no issue of using AAU and USAW. But I do not and have to make do with what I have.

If we are going to have two different Folkstyle organizations in AAU region 5 then lets not schedule on top of each other. Let's please coordinate better and not have competing tournaments in the same region at the same time, no matter what organization it is.

If you are referencing the January event, Memphis has always been a USAW stronghold with only one club competing AAU for the last decade. It wasn't until about two years ago TNAAU courted our area. For years we have been trying to get clubs to get the state card and travel our way in hopes that the other clubs in Memphis would do likewise. The club that hosts their tournament in January has done so for the past three years... And it wasn't until we hosted the region tournament that other Tennessee teams, save Nashville Catholic, came to Memphis. Just as you wish to host events to fund raise for your club, everyone else does too.

If you are referencing the January event, Memphis has always been a USAW stronghold with only one club competing AAU for the last decade. It wasn't until about two years ago TNAAU courted our area. For years we have been trying to get clubs to get the state card and travel our way in hopes that the other clubs in Memphis would do likewise. The club that hosts their tournament in January has done so for the past three years... And it wasn't until we hosted the region tournament that other Tennessee teams, save Nashville Catholic, came to Memphis. Just as you wish to host events to fund raise for your club, everyone else does too.

Yes, I understand all that. What I'm saying is we can be smarter with our scheduling. Someone should bring the USA tournament information to our AAU scheduling meeting so we don't schedule on top of each other. That should help both organizations and maybe, just maybe we could attend each other's tournaments. We are after all in the same region and should all want to help each other.