Westmoreland Football 2013

Liftathon kicked off Friday. We had some decent money raised. Just wondering if anybody wanted to comment on the program about this season coming up. Spring Practice starts around May 1 which is right around the corner. I like some of what I seen at the liftathon. Looks like the boys have been working hard over the winter. We had a running back trying for 365 on bench which is a great sign that we have some strength back in that backfield. Looks like some new faces on the team and some old ones that didnt get to play last season but will be big contributors this year. I feel we can have some good athleticism in the line this year. I'm already looking forward to spring practice. We also have 7 home games in 2013 which is good for our program as well.

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Liftathon kicked off Friday. We had some decent money raised. Just wondering if anybody wanted to comment on the program about this season coming up. Spring Practice starts around May 1 which is right around the corner. I like some of what I seen at the liftathon. Looks like the boys have been working hard over the winter. We had a running back trying for 365 on bench which is a great sign that we have some strength back in that backfield. Looks like some new faces on the team and some old ones that didnt get to play last season but will be big contributors this year. I feel we can have some good athleticism in the line this year. I'm already looking forward to spring practice. We also have 7 home games in 2013 which is good for our program as well.

WOW.... 7 home games??? How many home games did you have last year???

WOW.... 7 home games??? How many home games did you have last year???

East Literature wanted to play us at our field both years. We also have several new opponents this season. I think thats how it played out for the 7 home games this year. By the way one of those 3 away games is 8 minutes down the road in Portland so you could consider that almost a home game as well. Not much traveling this season for the eagles. Edited by Mr. Postman1

Postman you are incorrect about East wanting to play both years at Westmoreland. You may want to check your source. My understanding is that Westmoreland was not willing to travel and East needed a game.

You may be right. We probably refused to travel to any innercity schools in Nashville after what happened at Glenncliff in 2011. What ever the case we have a home and home with East LItt the 2013 and 14. I guess East Litt was willing to travel in order to play us. I was just assuming they wanted to play us at Westmoreland both games. If I'm not mistaken, when we played East Litt in 09 we had to play at a different location than where the school was located. Never the less, I'm sure those guys will like a trip to the country and smell some fresh air. Nice job by coach Harris in getting a 7 home game season this year.

You may be right. We probably refused to travel to any innercity schools in Nashville after what happened at Glenncliff in 2011. What ever the case we have a home and home with East LItt the 2013 and 14. I guess East Litt was willing to travel in order to play us. I was just assuming they wanted to play us at Westmoreland both games. If I'm not mistaken, when we played East Litt in 09 we had to play at a different location than where the school was located. Never the less, I'm sure those guys will like a trip to the country and smell some fresh air. Nice job by coach Harris in getting a 7 home game season this year.

So...you will have 4 home games in 2014...& East Nashville (no longer east lit.) will bring about 20 fans both years. Nice job if you say so.

Wimps, wouldn't even play TC.. :roflolk: Guess they don't like the big crowd that we would bring. Harris did a good job of getting ya'll a "soft" schedule this year. Might even make the playoffs with that schedule. :blink:

Wimpsmoreland...hmmm

And this is coming from a TC fan with that being said TC competes in 1A but they could compete in 2A and even 3A but i guess that comes with being great like TC fans say they are have to beat up on weaker teams to get a gold ball now thats a soft schedule if i say so myself

And this is coming from a TC fan with that being said TC competes in 1A but they could compete in 2A and even 3A but i guess that comes with being great like TC fans say they are have to beat up on weaker teams to get a gold ball now thats a soft schedule if i say so myself

And this coming from a man who lives in Chicken County....Home of the Original Wimps.

How ignorant is you?

TC is 2A btw. And our schedule ain't no JOKE!!!