Great rivilaries throughout high school football!!

Parkdog3412

BDP, I got to see Blue Devils scrimmage Beech and while the score was close, you could tell we were much better in the lines than Beech.

White House will be as good along the line of scrimmage as their state championship team. Big, strong, and deep. Teams will find that attacking Blue Devils head on will be a long nite. Gotta replace linebackers, def end, and corners. I look for teams to throw a little more against us to move the ball. As usual, we need to stop the big play. While we will be quick at the line of scrimmage, a lack of speed will be of concern outside.

Offensively, we looked good at running back with several players getting carries. Again, lack of backfield speed a concern. Passing game will be good with several receivers doing good job and senior QB. Good offensive line.

Kicking game (field goals) will be strong. Don't know who will punt. Punt return won't be as good (but I am a little prejudiced on that call) Kickoff return should be good. Gotta cover kickoffs better than last year.

Overall, this could be one good football team. I believe playing a lot of younger players last year will be of great benefit to this years team. Special teams last year were a big part of several wins and provided a lift when we were searching for our identity. This team shouldn't have this problem. If we avoid turnovers and the big play, we could embarrass some teams.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dandy... White House does have a great program and a lot of football tradition! I always hated going into White House to play, because it usually meant a loss! Good Luck this year! How will the loss of the Robertson County athletes effect the team over the next couple of years?

What about Lawrence Co. Vs. Giles Co. ? Cowbell game! > Wayne Co. Vs Collinwood ? Lawrence Co. vs Loretto ?> Spring Hill vs. Columbia? Lincoln Co. vs. Franklin Co. ? Tullahoma vs. Shelbyville? Giles co. vs. Marshall Co. ?Mt. Pleasant vs. C. A. ? Richland vs. Cornersville ? :lol:

Greenback and Loudon or Greenback and Lenoir City would be great ones. I do not understand whigh they won't playGreenback? Too many A's by their school name or ego.?

Greenback and William Blount would be a great one. As I understand Greenback has offered in the past and even offered to play both games at Billy Blount.

Greenback and Oneida has been a great one through the years.

MBA vs BA...

Everytime these two teams compete they rise to the occassion. There isn't a game I've seen them play that hasn't been action and tension packed. Need I mention past clinic bowl and regular season appearances, as well as the talented athletes, who, year after year, leave the program stronger. And as for the coaches, two class act gentlemen with some the greatest adopted and enacted techniques to date.

In my opinion, one of the biggest rivalries in not just east tenn,but in the state would be LENOIR CITY v.s. LOUDON.This however is just my opinion.I believe that a rivalry comes from not hatred of another team,but being able to play a team and no matter how bad either one of the seasons have been,you can still go out there as if it were the state championship and play like you will never have the opportunity to play again because that game is what it is all about.My rival is Loudon,other players have different rivals,but in all aspect,each rival is just as big as the other that people have posted about,it is how deep it burns inside of the player as to how big the rival is to them