Great rivilaries throughout high school football!!

Parkdog3412

Guest Hotmoose

I have to say that one of the top rivalries in TN is the Goodpasture - David Lipscomb game. Aren't we blessed that we can even watch them play each other this weekend? Go Cougars...keep the winning streak going!

Can anyone tell me what streak goodpasture has going this year. I believe they were beaten by BA a few weeks ago.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MBA vs Ryan

McCAllie vs Baylor

Each school has a long and proud tradition. These games are rivalries in the truest sense of the word. Throw out the records, because you never know who is going to win. To be a great rivalry, there must be great history. A school that has only been around for 20 or 30 years, doesn't have history comparable to these programs. Like it or not, that is the way it is.

• 6 months later...
Those are some really great and intense games. Another big game and money maker would be a season game between Waverly and McEwen if McEwen would ever stop being so scared!

I don't think that it is scared. I think alot of it has to do with ill feelings to do with the consolidation battle in the early 80's. I am a grad of McEwen and I agree that it would be a big draw. However, we are starting to see more matchups between the two in other sports other than FB and BB. MHS has scrimmaged WCHS in FB but I bet that will stay that way for a while. However, with Coach Pullen at WCHS being a former player under Coach Nolen (MHS) it may just happen sometime but, I would not hold my breath.

MBA vs BA is a strong rivalry....but, WesVols you say that BA won 31-6 this year. Did you forget about the Clinic Bowl...a butt kicking by MBA over BA. MBA has dominated this rivalry after BA won the first two in '95 and '96. MBA has more than quadrupled BA's score since '96....in other words, a one sided rivlary. MBA has four State Championships since the spit, to BA's 0.

If you noticed the date that WesVols posted that, you would realize that was before the Clinic Bowl. And it might be one-sided, but that doesn't take away from the hatred that both schools have for the other. Shoot, Franklin-Centennial is one-sided, Centennial hasn't won that one in football yet. But, the passion is still there and you really never know who is gonna win. I'd say it's hard to predict a BA-MBA game too.

I had always told myself before I left for college I would attend a Portland/White House game. Well, that didn't happen, but I have to agree, a very huge game for both teams involved. I think my life will be complete when I see that in person and a Maryvlie/Alcoa game. I'll be able to die happily then. B)

FHSrebel27, The game is more for pride now because WhiteHouse has been 4a for the last several years. Because of the new 1a high school in White House, there is a chance that White House could move back to 3a. That would make for one tough division with Portland and Trousdale County all together.

BTW, Portland \ White House will probably be played on thursday nite. Try to make it. We are going to give 'em another good ole thumping!!!

The rivalries Between DCA, FRA, Ezell, and CPA are some of the best. You wont find 4 schools that are consistently as good and equally hate each other.

BELIEVE ME CHAKRA, YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW MUCH THOSE 4 SCHOOLS HATE EACH OTHER. SOME EVEN GO SO FAR AS TO VANDALIZE THE OTHERS SCHOOL'S ATHELETIC FACILITIES (EHCS).

BY THE WAY, LOOK FORWARD TO CPA VS. DCA THIS FALL. YOU MIGHT BE SURPRISED ABOUT THE OUTCOME

Edited by BIGMAN72