Great rivilaries throughout high school football!!

Parkdog3412

Guest region4fan

The greatest rivalry in 5A will always be Oakland vs. Riverdale!!

Also in Rutherford County the Smyrna vs Lavergne is always a heated one too.

Will Blackman vs Siegel (NEW HS OPENING THIS FALL in RC)ever have the magnitude of the above?????

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 8812namrepus

Waverly Vs. Camden

Waverly Vs. Montgomery C.

Those are some really great and intense games. Another big game and money maker would be a season game between Waverly and McEwen if McEwen would ever stop being so scared!

Guest tomtom50

The best rivalry in the state is South Pitt vs. Marion County. This is the oldest consecutive prep rivalry in the state. The jail fills up when this game is played b/c of fighting.

To me nothing will ever be as great as Maryville vs Alcoa.

Maryville vs Heritage and Maryville vs William Blount is big.

William Blount vs Heritage. The 99 and 2000 game were 2 great games.They were played on thursday nights. William Blount has killed Heritage the last 2 years.

Central vs Halls.Battle of black oak ridge. I watched the 1997 game at Halls. They played on a thursday night. It was a great game and great enviroment. Halls won that game.

Seymour vs Gatlinburg Pittman. I watched the 98 game at Seymour. Great enviroment. Those 2 teams don't like each other.They played on a thursday night.Seymour had a very good team that year. They beat GP badly that game. Seymour went 10-0 that year and choked to Lenior City the next week.

White House vs Portland. I went to this years game.Met CoachT and had a great time. Portland is a great enviroment for high school football.I liked the train whistle and the train roaring by during the game. White House had a much better team than Portland did this year. WH won 35-14. I would love to go to White House next year and watch these 2 teams go at it again. Both teams fans get into the game.

Guest Hotmoose

I would have to disagree with the quote about DCA and all them having the best four teams competing each year. I would have to argue that the Super 7 Division 2 3A teams including Baylor, McCallie, Brentwood Academy, MBA, Christian Brothers,FRHS, MUS all of which have been over 500 in the past few years except for Father Ryan this year. They all have a chance to win the clinic bowl each year and whenever they play each other its a toss up.