watertown's bradshaw

topper06

wow, obviously your not from Watertown. First of all the football rings do count because FC attracts kids athletically because they compete in multiple sports. Several of those winning & wearing rings would not have been enrolled had a change in coaches not have occurred. Secondly, a TRUE-H2Otown fan would never make a comment like "FC should never lose to Watertown in anything". If your a player or coach worth their salt you should expect to win - regardless the opponent. Should H2O always beat RBS or Pickett in basketball? Maybe, but they haven't. I know most Watertown alumni from decades past expect them to beat FC. Their decision to drop FC In football however does reflect an attitude like yours. It will be interesting to see in Bradshaw decides to avoid FC for easier competition in the years to come. Which brings me to my last point of response. Yes, Bradshaw beat FC bad at Watertown. But answer this, how did they turn around 2 wks later and only beat that same FC team by 2 in the districts? I mean FC had only 1 upperclassman on the entire team. H2O has 7 or more sr's and at least 2 jrs.

As for McNeal having more talented teams in yrs past. Maybe, but scheduling up recently and playing completion like Gville, DCA, TC in the regular season & Maplewood, in the preseason developed his team for the post-season. Good coaches learn from the past and adjust. I'd say Bradshaw has made some adjustments from the past. Thus leading to more success at H2Otown.

This is a subject about basketball, not the football rings. I'm a Watertown fan, and while some fans believe they should beat FC every year, that simply is not realistic. They don't have the horses in a small 1A school to compete year in and year out. FCS should never lose to Watertown. Ever. In public schools, the talent comes in cycles... As for Bradshaw's "avoidance" of playing FC because of strength of schedule, he will pick up Goodpasture in basketball. As far as football, it would make no sense for Watertown to continue to play FCS. They have nothing to gain. Throw in the fact that overall records matter, why would you want to play 2 private schools? That would be ignorant.

I'm not one that says FCS is a cheater and recruit. They do attract good athletes because the other options in that area are abysmal in Lebanon and WC.

I'm glad FCS bumped up the competition in their preseason scrimmages, and resulted in 2 rings. Watching them lose to big bad Jackson Christian in the finals several years back when McNeal imploded on the play calling was a nightmare to watch. They usually played about 2-3 competitive games per season. Trousdale Co. and Gordonsville. And throw in one other non-region game. They will get a taste of their own medicine in Division II-A.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a subject about basketball, not the football rings. I'm a Watertown fan, and while some fans believe they should beat FC every year, that simply is not realistic. They don't have the horses in a small 1A school to compete year in and year out. FCS should never lose to Watertown. Ever. In public schools, the talent comes in cycles... As for Bradshaw's "avoidance" of playing FC because of strength of schedule, he will pick up Goodpasture in basketball. As far as football, it would make no sense for Watertown to continue to play FCS. They have nothing to gain. Throw in the fact that overall records matter, why would you want to play 2 private schools? That would be ignorant.

I'm not one that says FCS is a cheater and recruit. They do attract good athletes because the other options in that area are abysmal in Lebanon and WC.

I'm glad FCS bumped up the competition in their preseason scrimmages, and resulted in 2 rings. Watching them lose to big bad Jackson Christian in the finals several years back when McNeal imploded on the play calling was a nightmare to watch. They usually played about 2-3 competitive games per season. Trousdale Co. and Gordonsville. And throw in one other non-region game. They will get a taste of their own medicine in Division II-A.

How will we get a taste of our own medicine in D2A? We will have just as much, if not more success there then we've had in D1, we won't have a good line next year and there will most likely only be 2 teams better than us in D2A, good luck to Watertown though

How will we get a taste of our own medicine in D2A? We will have just as much, if not more success there then we've had in D1, we won't have a good line next year and there will most likely only be 2 teams better than us in D2A, good luck to Watertown though

In Football......Knox Webb, BGA, ECS, and St. George's are always going to be tough. DCA even beat the Commanders last season during their state championship run, and then went out against St. Georges in the Quarters. FRA is getting better. It won't be a cakewalk like you think. Especially after next season. Week to week your games will be a lot tougher than beating up on RBS, Pickett County, Clay County, Jackson County, and Watertown.

If you think you will roll through Division II-A like you have the last couple of seasons, you will be mistaken. Not saying because FCS is not good, but top of that league will be better than beating Dresden in a championship game.

Basketball - Guess you plan on rolling through FRA, Lausanne, ECS (top 10 player in the country), Knox Webb year after year. Harding, Ezell, and DCA have also been competitive.

Baseball - you probably would be the favorite here. But since you have won exactly one title with the slew of talent coming through there, and with BGA dropping down, I don't know if it's a "done deal" by any means.

In Football......Knox Webb, BGA, ECS, and St. George's are always going to be tough. DCA even beat the Commanders last season during their state championship run, and then went out against St. Georges in the Quarters. FRA is getting better. It won't be a cakewalk like you think. Especially after next season. Week to week your games will be a lot tougher than beating up on RBS, Pickett County, Clay County, Jackson County, and Watertown.

If you think you will roll through Division II-A like you have the last couple of seasons, you will be mistaken. Not saying because FCS is not good, but top of that league will be better than beating Dresden in a championship game.

Basketball - Guess you plan on rolling through FRA, Lausanne, ECS (top 10 player in the country), Knox Webb year after year. Harding, Ezell, and DCA have also been competitive.

Baseball - you probably would be the favorite here. But since you have won exactly one title with the slew of talent coming through there, and with BGA dropping down, I don't know if it's a "done deal" by any means.

No I don't think we'll have 5 state championships every two years, what I do think is that we'll have just as much success in D2A in the next 10 years as what we've had in D1A in the last 10 years. I expect us to continue to do well in football and baseball and then we'll have our up and down years in basketball. DCA beat us 2 years ago and didnt have any business being in that game with us. It was the first game of the year and we were up by 12 with three minutes to go and they start throwing all over us and score 2 TD's to beat us. We played them this year and it was 41-0 with 10 minutes to go in the fourth. No we won't be nearly as good this year as we were last year, but I think D2A is really weak other than a few teams who should destroy us

still curious about how you could accuse FC of anything with Jackson County's girls recruiting MTSU's Laken Leonard away from RBS, or Jaycee Coe away from clay co. Or your girls starter from white Co this season. How bout the big 6'6 girl from Smith Co who mysteriously ended up in JC a few yrs back?

If TSSAA had any case vs FC they would announce it & levy penaltys just like they have previously against schools like BA, MBA, TEMPLE, or Lake Co this yr. make no mistake FC chose to move to D2 on their own accord and on their own time frame. Besides regularly beating up on JC has grown old, like you!

Jaycee Coe away from Clay County? She has went to school in Jackson County since kindergarten Moron unlike 99% of the private school kids. Every starter on our team was born and raised in Jackson County including Coe. Hey how did you boys come out in your last game in Div I? You lost to Jackson County. How did your girls come out? Oh yeah you lost to Jackson County. Keep recruiting boys. I've seen how under handed FCS is with my own eyes. Cornering a middle school kid in the FC weight room. How low will you guys stoop to win?

Edited by devilfanatic

What!? But..but..but..they have always won with home grown talent. Ultimate hypocrite!

But...but....but...we beat both of your teams WITH all home grown talent. You should be ashamed of yourself letting a bunch of county boys beat down the recruited sweater vest players from all over the state and other states as well. What a coach you have he's a keeper lol

But...but....but...we beat both of your teams WITH all home grown talent. You should be ashamed of yourself letting a bunch of county boys beat down the recruited sweater vest players from all over the state and other states as well. What a coach you have he's a keeper lol

Let's see how well you do against us in baseball and softball, we already know you couldn't compete in volleyball or football, I mean we did win the ship in both of those sports

Let's see how well you do against us in baseball and softball, we already know you couldn't compete in volleyball or football, I mean we did win the ship in both of those sports

What about the pictures I seen of one of your big boosters and your head coach with a middle school kid in your weight room? This is a violation of tssaa rules and clearly shows FC illegally recruiting a child, who I understand decided not to attend the private school. Tell me about this since you know so much about FC. I have seen the pictures with my own eyes so this is not hearsay.

Edited by devilfanatic

You are the one not so long ago that went on and on about how JC has only won with "home grown talent." I knew you were full of it, therefore, I pointed out the facts and you went on a ridiculous tirad. With regards to our coach, I believe we will keep him. Shoot, he is the only men's basketball coach in Wilson County history to ever win a State. Edited by orangecrush

What about the pictures I seen of one of your big boosters and your head coach with a middle school kid in your weight room? This is a violation of tssaa rules and clearly shows FC illegally recruiting a child, who I understand decided not to attend the private school. Tell me about this since you know so much about FC. I have seen the pictures with my own eyes so this is not hearsay.

What about the infamous pictures you saw with your own eyes? The Watertown fan that sent those pictures to the TSSAA didn't realize that the prospective student you are speaking of had already made formal contact with admissions. Therefore, it is not a violation. You must know the rules and situations before making accusations. I am sure this is not sufficient for you because you don't want it to be. Also, this absolutely ridiculous claim that the TSSAA gave FC an option to go DII or face probation is stupid and beyond false. Edited by orangecrush

I asked a question. Will you all stop bickering and tell me---if you know--what Bradshaw teaches? I mean what academic subject does he teach? I assume he is a teacher.

A basic google search of "Watertown High School in Tennessee" reveals the school website that clearly shows Matt Bradshaw teaches Personal Finance and Bible (an elective in Wilson Co.). Seriously? You could not do that on your own?