Great players never to go to play in college.

Parkdog3412

Guest trojanball4

does anyone remember the tailback from morristown west 3 years ago. his name was chavez mcray. the kid had more natural athletic ability then anybody i have ever played with or against. he made all-state his junior year and after that got in trouble and never finished school. the kid was amazing. he was a great athlete. i would like to know if anybody ever saw him play or played against him what your comments about him are?

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario McElrath from Union City was AA Mr Football his Junior year (2000) and led the Tornadoes to the Clinic Bowl that year (lost by one TD to a very talented Alcoa team). Had size (6'1" 215 lb) and speed (4.4) and was nearly impossible to bring down (when and if you ever caught him). Was being recruited by nearly every SEC school and some others, but ran into trouble with the law before his Senior season ever began. Got dismissed from the team as a result of his decisions. College career never materialized. Unfortunate waste of talent.

[Edited by PowerSet on 10-31-02 8:27A]

Guest nighttrainlane

Two here in west tn. I can name who would prob. being playing on sunday. Nick Hampton- Martin Westview (best Rb I've seen to date) and reggie gordon- Huntingdon High. My son played with reggie in 96. I think he dropped out of school but can't be for sure.

Dante Hickey and Chad Henderson could have been all americans. They had the potential to play in the NFL.

Dante Hickey was a Dale Carter clone.He killed Maryville in 93 and 94. He was 6'1 175lbs and ran a 4.3 Henderson was 6'4 250lbs and played middle linebacker. I watched him when Lincoln County played Riverdale in the 93 5A title game and he made almost every tackle. He ran sideline to sideline very well.

They were 2 of the best players I have ever seen in high school. Only John Henderson was better.

Bneal52! I remember watching Orlando Waters. My nephew played baseball and football with him when they were kids. He was a stud in both sports.

Shannon Wroblewski was another player who should have college football. He was an outstanding linebacker for Heritage from 98-2000. He was one of the best tacklers I ever seen. A hitting machine.

Michael Potter was Maryville's running back in 1998. He rushed for nearly 1800 yds that year. He was 5'9 180lbs ran a 4.6,elusive and was tough as nails. Maryville doesn't win state in 98 without him.Current Maryville back Chris McCord is a carbon copy of Michael Potter.

Preston Teague of Halls was very good. He was Halls main running back in 96 until he got hurt. He was much better than Scott Carter.He rushed for 220 yds vs Maryville that year.Halls would have won state that year had Teague not got hurt.

Reggie Brown of Loudon was another great player. He signed with UT in 1984. He was a stud. His brother Bubba played at Clemson. Reggie got in trouble and never went to UT.

Besides Dante Hickey! Cleveland has had a bunch of players that were studs in high school but couldn't make the grades.

Stephon Woods,Tony Styles and Demetrius Fields.

I watched those guys from South Pittsburgh that someone brought up earlier. Sam Pickett had a monster game in the 99 state title game. I remember Aaron Chambers also.

I remember the quarterback and lineman from Trousdales team in 98. Thomas Payne and Michael Scruggs. Did they play college fotball? They were great players.

Kelcey Williams was another player I remember. He played for Humboldt. I watched him against Marion County in 1995. He was very good.

brandon wells of moore county he was 6'0 245 ran 4.5 he had over 8,000 career yards and 108 tds but was special ed and never qualified ....Bryan Reed ran legit 4.4 maybe 4.3 he never timed on a track only in grass...He had chances of going to school but made fast money instead, now he is gone for 11 years