Great players never to go to play in college.

Parkdog3412

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewisburg(Marshall County) - Rodney Davis led them to the state title in the mid 80s. The best RB to come out of there until now - his son Mario may be better.

Brentwood High - Josh Van Horn LB around 93 or 94. Was one of the top 4 or 5 prospects in the state. Choose to go work for his father's construction company.

Guest VOLCOWBOY

In response to Chad Henderson. I went to school with Chad from 7th grade throughout high school. He was a friend of mine. He played linebacker for the Lincoln County Falcons 92-94. He started all 3 years if I'm correct. Great player. Had a real love for the game. Hustled every play and would run down players faster than him. He was the MVP of the 1993 Clinic Bowl ( Lincoln County beat Riverdale 20-7). Led the Falcons in tackles and sacks his junior and senior years. He was the top defensive prospect in the nation his senior year and won the 5A Mr. Football award. He was recruited by Tennessee, but his grades were too bad so he went to a JUCO and played his FR year. He started at DT. He flunked out before the next season though and now resides in Lincoln County. If he had've made the grades, I am sure he would have been a starting member of the 1998 National Championship team at UT.

Guest VOLCOWBOY

Good list man, only one correction though. Chad Henderson wasn't 6'4". He was a monster though. I went to school with Chad from 7th grade on up. Even played football with him in middle school. Thank the Lord that we were teamates and not opponents. Chad was the hardest hitter I've ever been tackled by. I saw him make a kid blow snot bubbles in a middle school game. Anyway, Chad was actually 6'1" 240 in high school, and he ran the 40 in about 4.4 I'd guess. Truly a devastating phenom on the field. I honestly don't there ever was a LB like Chad or ever will be another like him. Except for maybe Carlos Hadley. He played LB beside Chad at LCHS. Carlos wasn't nearly as big as Chad. I'd guess he was about 6'1", 200-215 lbs. He was a tackling machine. Chad and Carlos were a dangerous duo on the field. I once saw Carlos simultaneously slam the QB and the RB into the ground during a game at North Franklin County in 9th grade. He was another great high school player that didn't make it to college.

Guest VOLCOWBOY

I'm not going to say anything else about Chad Henderson or Carlos Hadley. This post is about a RB from Stratford High School in the 1993 season. Kid was a stud if I ever saw one. He ran all over everyone until they played Lincoln County. He did @@@@ up some yards against Henderson and the Falcons that night, but they kept him out of the endzone. This kid was huge though. He was 6'2" 230 and could fly. I don't remember his name but Alabama wanted him and instead he went an entered the MLB draft. Got drafted by the Red Sox I believe. Does anyone know who he is and whatever happened to him?