Great players never to go to play in college.

Parkdog3412

Off of last years Austin East State Championship team, I think #2(WR-DB) Brian Blair and #10 (QB) Lee Curry should be playing college ball somewhere now. If Brian would have graduated he probably would have been playing D1 ball. Great speed and quickness. I seen him playing flag football in Knoxville. I seen him last year and would talk to him but really didn't notice how tall he actually was. He is slender but cut up. He says that he is working on getting his GED and have some opportunities to get to JUCO in Mississppi. He says he will decide if he really wants to go to school or not. He does not want to waste his time or any schools.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if Al Wilson was the 3rd best guy on his team then they must have won 4 state championships and the Mr. Football awards would have been between those 3 guys because Al Wilson was good in college and now is good in the NFL. How would one school get 3 guys who are NFL capable on 1 high school football team? Has that ever been done?

Like i said to start this thread i still think conal jones and jarvis smith were two great players that didn't ever move on. conal hurt is knee his senior year. He was a heck of a receiver and was quick as a cat. Jarvis was just a bull at halfback but didn't have the grades. Had major colleges looking at him. Well mr.soddy i thought the officating was kinda shady. Missed some offsides penalties but really didn't cost soddy the game. But the guys played hard and have nothing to be ashamed off. Tell your younster if he needs any advice or anybody to talk to i am here.

Payne played two years of junior college.was all state jr.college player in mississippi,at both defensive end and punter.Had planned on going to West Georgia but i guess decided not to.Had a couple run ins with the law since then.Scruggs took a year off then joined payne in miss,blew a knee about half way through his freshman year,but still managed to make honorable mention all state there.After the knee thing he just gave it up.

Play at Morristown West in 1999-00 made all-state his junior season at tailback and was set to lead the Trojans to a state title in 2001.

McCray was 6' 195lbs and ran about a 4.4 to 4.45

McCray got in trouble at school with drugs and was expelled ending his career.

The Trojans went 9-1 in the regular season with a win over Maryville but a loss to the Rebs in the semi ended the season.

Nebraska, Tennessee, Florida and all of the big D1 schools were all over him but Drugs screw your life up and in the long run it cost this kid a lot of money and an education.