WEBB

baseball100

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Glad Todd Kelly JR is all Vol

Me too REBELRON. I'll be pulling for him and Webb all year except in the first one.

Are Butch Jones' kids going to Webb? If I was him, there are only a few places I'd send them. I wonder if he will go the Bruce Pearl / Phil Fulmer / Johnny Majors route and enroll them in their neighborhood school?

Me too REBELRON. I'll be pulling for him and Webb all year except in the first one.

Are Butch Jones' kids going to Webb? If I was him, there are only a few places I'd send them. I wonder if he will go the Bruce Pearl / Phil Fulmer / Johnny Majors route and enroll them in their neighborhood school?

RR eye hurd Butch's kids ere goin two Cathlick....

• 2 weeks later...

Webb had only five seniors. One of whom did not play due to previous injuries. We will need to identify another huge linemen, a speedy running back and a spirited quarterback. If you look at our roster from last year we will need some of the younger underclassmen to step it up this season. And it would be nice if we could ease our way into the season, but the Rebels won't let that happen....: )

Interesting post on Jones and Catholic. Do I need to round up my "Catholics for Webb" friends? They show in mass (no pun) for the Webb v Catholic game.

Edited by WebbSpartans

Webb had only five seniors. One of whom did not play due to previous injuries. We will need to identify another huge linemen, a speedy running back and a spirited quarterback. If you look at our roster from last year we will need some of the younger underclassmen to step it up this season. And it would be nice if we could ease our way into the season, but the Rebels won't let that happen....: )

Interesting post on Jones and Catholic. Do I need to round up my "Catholics for Webb" friends? They show in mass (no pun) for the Webb v Catholic game.

It is pretty obvious that Webb is going to be loaded this coming season. Everyone knows about Kelly Jr., but when I watched the championship game there were several other players that stood out too. I saw on Volquest that your middle linebacker was offered by Butch the other day. Congrats to him because he is one heck of a baller! Also, there was another sophomore fullback/linebacker that looked like a stud. The Spartans should be the favorite to win it again, but hopefully, we can give you guys a descent challenge.

I am sure the team looks forward to playing Friendship Christian. What a load of hardware you have in your trophy cases! But from what I can see you have your gamers, too!

And yes, Todd is a fine boy with a great future at hand. He is "Very Spartan". Our issue has been depth-- we dont have any. And after Maryville, Baylor and CAK, we may be pretty banged up. Looking forward to your visit to Spartanburg this fall.

If you want to see a fine former Spartan, go to Cumberland and see Caleb Blance. Great guy.

I am sure the team looks forward to playing Friendship Christian. What a load of hardware you have in your trophy cases! But from what I can see you have your gamers, too!

And yes, Todd is a fine boy with a great future at hand. He is "Very Spartan". Our issue has been depth-- we dont have any. And after Maryville, Baylor and CAK, we may be pretty banged up. Looking forward to your visit to Spartanburg this fall.

If you want to see a fine former Spartan, go to Cumberland and see Caleb Blance. Great guy.

I didn't realize that Blance went to Cumberland. That means he is over there with several of our boys, which includes Dekolas Reeves, our runningback from last years team.

We are in the same boat as the Spartans, but it is the same issue every year, which is depth. This past year we couldn't afford to lose anyone and it will still hold true in 2013. The reason is because we only have 5 seniors coming up. They are not a bad class, they are just very small in numbers. I have always held the Spartans and Coach Meske in a very high regard and look forward to making our way to Knoxville.

One of the things that I really like about Div II is how the coaches have set up the playoffs. The winner of the regions are not placed in the same bracket as the other two teams that make the playoffs from the same region. That means that two teams from the same region can possibly play in the Blue Cross Bowl. It got very frustrating knowing that we and Trousdale County were going to meet almost every year again in the quarterfinals.

I didn't realize that Blance went to Cumberland. That means he is over there with several of our boys, which includes Dekolas Reeves, our runningback from last years team.

We are in the same boat as the Spartans, but it is the same issue every year, which is depth. This past year we couldn't afford to lose anyone and it will still hold true in 2013. The reason is because we only have 5 seniors coming up. They are not a bad class, they are just very small in numbers. I have always held the Spartans and Coach Meske in a very high regard and look forward to making our way to Knoxville.

One of the things that I really like about Div II is how the coaches have set up the playoffs. The winner of the regions are not placed in the same bracket as the other two teams that make the playoffs from the same region. That means that two teams from the same region can possibly play in the Blue Cross Bowl. It got very frustrating knowing that we and Trousdale County were going to meet almost every year again in the quarterfinals.

Any idea if FC is going to play in the Trousdale Jamboree in August?

• 1 month later...