Humboldt vs Lake Co

AAUFAN

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like someone said earlier,in single A usually there may be 3 skilled players on a team.May be some rare occassions.We knew LC wasnt the best shooting team and not as talented as the past couple years.But they play hard.I enjoyed the Humboldt -Lake Co more than the other games but if you like blowouts whether they run some plays,great for you .Like Falcon said,they were the best two teams standing at the end.So maybe back yard ball is the way to go.

Edited by mrbigster

Congrats to Humboldt on the win.You guys deserve it.Lake co had chances but Humboldt answered each time.All you can ask if you are a Lake Co fan is that once they were down by 11 points at half,dont lay down and they didn't.Several key plays.Mclilly banked in a three pointer.With 5 seconds left in the half,LC trying to inbound the ball to Zay and Turner made a great play and score at the buzzer.Lake Co fights back and takes the lead and with about two minutes left and a 2 point lead,looked to have a great shot at getting a loose ball but rolls off a LC player.Get that ball with a 2 point lead and the ball,who knows.But to the Vikings credit,they got the ball and Turner hit a big 3 pointer.Turner came up big and hit some key free throws at the end.Humboldt made some key free throws and Lake Co didnt.Got to make free throws at this stage .Congrats to Turner for being named MVP.Thought either Bradford or him would get it if Humboldt won and Zay if Lake Co won.Congrats to the Vikings and to Coach Boykins.No complaints .You guys deserved it.

Edited by mrbigster

Baller100, you need a little hateraide to go with these posts. The jealousy shows through in your posts. Let's talk about coaching, Coach Barger has been a head Coach for 3 years in that time she has been to 3 state tournaments, won a Gold and Silver Ball and finished in the final four the other time. Has a 3-0 record in Sub-State games, 2-1 in Region Championship games and 2-0 in District Tournament Title games. Oh yeah she is 6-2 in the state tournament. Took a team this year with only 2 players with any meaningful varsity experience the last 2 years and made them better all year. So say what you want but the proof is there. As far as West TN basketball, down us all you want but I do believe 5 of the 6 gold and silver balls are going back across the river to the West side of the state.

Thanks for the back up GURU. I agree it was a sloppy game but to me alot of that had to do with the effort each team played with and the physical play allowed on both ends by the officiating crew. I though it was a fun an exciting game to watch and even though my team came up short they played their hearrts out and Humboldt just proved to be the better team and they gutted out a win. Sad that people can't say great game between to good teams and leave it at that.

Thanks for the back up GURU. I agree it was a sloppy game but to me alot of that had to do with the effort each team played with and the physical play allowed on both ends by the officiating crew. I though it was a fun an exciting game to watch and even though my team came up short they played their hearrts out and Humboldt just proved to be the better team and they gutted out a win. Sad that people can't say great game between to good teams and leave it at that.

I agree and if it comes down to a team running and trying to make things happen and a team running plays and shoots the ball every 3 minutes,then i'd much rather watch the teams trying to make things happen and shooting.

Running plays against Humboldt is like trying to paint a house during a tornado....you get all messy and turn the ball over. Too many athletes...thats their style and it works. We understood that going in. I swear the dumbest people troll our boards. Whine whine that style of ball doesn't meet my standards....but it wins gold balls!

Baller; you must be the idiot ... lc was down 1 with @40 sec left came out and ran a screen and roll with 3 and 23 Humboldt doubled 3 he tried to fit it under them to 23 and the stole it...if your gonna hate on something please state facts not dumb opinions ..

Great game congratulations to Humboldt see y'all next year

MSU Race and Jebronlames, thanks for the back up. Sometimes people can't see the forest for the trees!! That was a great game and even though I am a Lake Co. fan the vikings beat us straight up for the gold so congrats to our fellow District 14-A member. LC has nothing to be ashamed of they played hard and had a chance to win in the end, all you can ask for when two good teams are playing. So know time to move on and look forward to next year, with what UC, Humboldt, LC and South Fulton have coming back should be another great year in the district.

<p>Doesnt matter what hapened the past 4 games,Humboldt has looked good in the tournament except for the second half tonight.Lake Co knows Bradford is going to play zone and have Bradford at the top of the key on defense,Also knows that they arnt going to let Zay do some things.But Lake Co also knows Humboldt has two shooters in Turner and Bradford,Woulnt think they will let Turner get the open looks he had in the first half,They also know Bradford knows LC and thinks he can go to the basket at will,So he will get eiter a layup or if LC comes up on him,he is going to pass underneath the basket for%2

Hey there Bigster, I have been reading your posts. You don't sound like the guy that in times past rooted for LCHS . Nothing wrong with that but I have been a little surprised by it. Don' know when the transformation took place. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. I am still in Lake County, I still bleed Green and Gold. Always have and always will. I get to watch about two games a year in basketball and nada for football. Are there any job openings where you work? I am jealous!!! :wub: