Makenzie Hensley sets TSSAA record

bob77

Congrats to Makenzie Hensley from the 2013 class A state champion Jackson County for setting the career field goal percentage record for the state of Tennessee, and also 5th nationally for her career field goal percentage. 65.2%

Still a unsigned senior, unreal.

9th sub category down.

http://www.nfhs.org/recordbook/Records.aspx?CategoryId=1434

Edited by bob77

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to Makenzie Hensley from the 2013 class A state champion Jackson County for setting the career field goal percentage record for the state of Tennessee, and also 5th nationally for her career field goal percentage. 65.2%

Still a unsigned senior, unreal.

9th sub category down.

http://www.nfhs.org/...CategoryId=1434

What kind of looks is she getting bob? What offers are on the table for her?

She may be NAIA material but not D1. She is not quick enough for college ball to be able to handle the tempo. There were times at the state tournament where she would not even run to the other end of the court. When you put a post player up against her that has the same size as her, she does not have the ability to makes moves on people. Her game was simply stand and shoot and there weren't many people with her height to stop her. Don't get me wrong, she is a good player, but NAIA would be the highest I could see her going. There is a reason no one is chasing after her.

She may be NAIA material but not D1. She is not quick enough for college ball to be able to handle the tempo. There were times at the state tournament where she would not even run to the other end of the court. When you put a post player up against her that has the same size as her, she does not have the ability to makes moves on people. Her game was simply stand and shoot and there weren't many people with her height to stop her. Don't get me wrong, she is a good player, but NAIA would be the highest I could see her going. There is a reason no one is chasing after her.

Was there any reason to post this? She actually committed to a team that is moving up to Division II yesterday, University of Virginia-Wise. Full ride. She is a very hard working player, and nobody ever said anything about her being a high d-1 player of any sort. She could have played OVC level IMHO having seen a couple hundred OVC games over the years, could she have played right away? No, it would take some work with her in the gym and getting in better shape. I have seen players in the OVC that she was just as good as, who were just there because they are big. Makenzie honestly has very soft hands, and good footwork for a big girl, and was suggested by the University of KY coaches when they witnessed her dominate a game earlier this year, they called Morehead State and said they should look at her, they did and passed. I'm happy for her, because i think UVA-Wise is a good fit for her. Good luck Mak!

Edited by bob77

Would like to add one more thing, during her 4 year career, I have seen more negative things said about her than any other player EVER mentioned on this sight. It's not right. She is a 4.0 student, she is a devout Christian, a all around sweet and nice person, and she has been through a lot with the passing of her father to cancer in the middle of her sophomore year.

126-19 record, 2 state titles,1 runner-up. Just because she is on a great team, she must have nothing to do with all the victories. To hear some people talk about how slow and untaleted she is, I just thought I would stand up for her one last time on here.

Imagine that another west tn fan putting down this young lady . What is wrong with you people? All she did was dominate every west tn team and pkayer that she faced. So if what you say is true then I guess none of those players would even have a shot at playing college ball at ANY LEVEL! Get real moron. She played within a system and did exactly what was asked of her. She will develop as she continues her career at the next level. Her play on the court in the state tournament spoke for itself. She SHUT DOWN UC and Madison! JC beat every team they faced by double digits in the state tournament do in large part to MaKenzie's dominance in the middle. Take your obvious prejudice to another thread there is no place for it here!

Would like to add one more thing, during her 4 year career, I have seen more negative things said about her than any other player EVER mentioned on this sight. It's not right. She is a 4.0 student, she is a devout Christian, a all around sweet and nice person, and she has been through a lot with the passing of her father to cancer in the middle of her sophomore year.

126-19 record, 2 state titles,1 runner-up. Just because she is on a great team, she must have nothing to do with all the victories. To hear some people talk about how slow and untaleted she is, I just thought I would stand up for her one last time on here.

Don't let the negativity effect you guys. She has been a main player on a team that everyone in Single A fears. I'm sure Coach Brown wishes she was going to be on his team for another 4 years and I'm sure any coach in the state would love to have 6'4 on their high school team. Congrats on a successful career at Jackson Co. and good luck at Va.-Wise!

Don't let the negativity effect you guys. She has been a main player on a team that everyone in Single A fears. I'm sure Coach Brown wishes she was going to be on his team for another 4 years and I'm sure any coach in the state would love to have 6'4 on their high school team. Congrats on a successful career at Jackson Co. and good luck at Va.-Wise!

Hey Fanatic... If she was in Memphis this would be Soooooooooo possible...

Oh, quiet, shhhhh... i forgot that Nina was coming to play as a sophomore for JC next year...

part of article from SI online

"The question nobody in Annapolis has to ask is, "How is David fitting into the Academy's basketball program?" With just one year of high school experience, Robinson saw little action as a 6'9" Navy freshman. But after lifting weights and playing in Washington's Urban Coalition League last summer he returned to school 20 pounds heavier at 215, two inches taller and much stronger."

David Robinson at 6'9" could not get playing time at the Naval Academy as a freshman. MacKensie is by no means a David Robinson, but she does have the work ethic and determination to succeed. There are many players in West TN that would love to have her footwork and skills.

Bob, we all know that it is much more important to get the full ride education and take advantage of that. And she succeeded in that. Many athletes from all states will working at McD's, TB, Wendy's because they did not make it to a D1 school and messed up the education gift.