The New District 9AA

buledievlpdrie

Good points Cleggy, but I'm gonna stay with my 'cats in the top 3. Who will they beat out?? I think "I don't know" is a GREAT answer right now B) .

Goob, out of cleggys list I would think you would obviously beat out heritage. Since you gave them a good whoopin at end of year this year, and they losing their bench, and 3 starters. lol...Could all change if they do in fact get a couple transfers that are rumored to maybe be attending there next year......Out of my list I believe it would take a string of great games to beat out one of the "real" top three teams. But I would guess Harpeth based off of what people are returning and what not. And to be honest we all know I am objective if you have read my posts. I started thinking the other day White House actually gets better after losing their seniors they weren't very productive this past year at all really ,waste of minutes!!. Returning 3 starters (lyons, oskin, smith) who have played big time minutes . And white house sophomore class is one of the best around here and I think everyone will see and definately find that out if not next year two years from now. So they will be my dark horse tournament team.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Goob, out of cleggys list I would think you would obviously beat out heritage. Since you gave them a good whoopin at end of year this year, and they losing their bench, and 3 starters. lol...Could all change if they do in fact get a couple transfers that are rumored to maybe be attending there next year......Out of my list I believe it would take a string of great games to beat out one of the "real" top three teams. But I would guess Harpeth based off of what people are returning and what not. And to be honest we all know I am objective if you have read my posts. I started thinking the other day White House actually gets better after losing their seniors they weren't very productive this past year at all really ,waste of minutes!!. Returning 3 starters (lyons, oskin, smith) who have played big time minutes . And white house sophomore class is one of the best around here and I think everyone will see and definately find that out if not next year two years from now. So they will be my dark horse tournament team.

Dark Horse for what? Winning the District? Going to Region? I say no to both. This sophmore class you're talking about isn't anything special. No real impact in varsity this year at all and none of them could have or should have beat out Huskey or Elrod for a varsity uni. You may think you're objective but I think you're definitely subjective. Well, to each his own and we're all entitled to our opinions. White House's offense is very predictable, i.e. either Lyons or Smith will shoot it, and they CAN'T handle a press. Maybe the 3 yr. starting PG will improve over the summer but it's doubtful since he plays baseball instead of summer AAU ball. Don't really see White House doing much other than what they did last year. Might up the win total to 9.

Dark Horse for what? Winning the District? Going to Region? I say no to both. This sophmore class you're talking about isn't anything special. No real impact in varsity this year at all and none of them could have or should have beat out Huskey or Elrod for a varsity uni. You may think you're objective but I think you're definitely subjective. Well, to each his own and we're all entitled to our opinions. White House's offense is very predictable, i.e. either Lyons or Smith will shoot it, and they CAN'T handle a press. Maybe the 3 yr. starting PG will improve over the summer but it's doubtful since he plays baseball instead of summer AAU ball. Don't really see White House doing much other than what they did last year. Might up the win total to 9.

I don't feel that i am subjective since i picked white house to finish 5th in the district????? I just think that by the end of the year they could surprise some people in the district tourney just as they did this year by winning in the first round against greenbrier (who beat heritage like a week before their region championship run) and getting to atleast play against the eventual state champs .....I also think you misunderstood i am talking about the players going to be sophomores not the sophomores this past year because you are right not much besides maybe 1 player who can play in that class that i obserrved, but that upcoming sophomore class does have some good solid players that definately play better defense than elrod, and more in their repetoire than elrod since he was only a shooter this year because of his injury. And huskey was a good solid rebounder and defender, but his offense was dismal and nonexistent.White Houses point guard could not be stopped off the dribble by anyone, but had to play in post because of lack of post. But those were starters, i was talking more about white house's bench. And the trimmer kid is a player he is tall strong great rebounder, and can stretch the floor and shoot from the outside. I saw some of the few freshman games this year, and the pg for the freshman could have rivaled or was better than many of the other bench players that did come in and play ,and also a very talented fast slasher guard who will be the starting running back this year more than likely for the football team. Not to mention about a 6'3' not necessarily a good defender , but is a pure shooter who could come be a zone buster off the bench. all in the upcoming sophomore class, but to be called subjective when I picked WH to finish 5th is funny to say I thought. But as far as the region I would say only 1 team can compete there and that will be Cheatham County..... But i also think it is funny "pitchfork" i mean "cleggy" that you call me subjective when you know heritage as #1 is a ludacris ridiculous homer pick not a basketball knowledge post. and you used to be just as subjective to the other white house team. SO change of heart is cool and all , but I like to be objective and give the truth based on basektball not pride, but your right we all are entitled to our opinion and thats what makes the season great and exciting and loved by all !!! :)

I don't feel that i am subjective since i picked white house to finish 5th in the district????? I just think that by the end of the year they could surprise some people in the district tourney just as they did this year by winning in the first round against greenbrier (who beat heritage like a week before their region championship run) and getting to atleast play against the eventual state champs .....I also think you misunderstood i am talking about the players going to be sophomores not the sophomores this past year because you are right not much besides maybe 1 player who can play in that class that i obserrved, but that upcoming sophomore class does have some good solid players that definately play better defense than elrod, and more in their repetoire than elrod since he was only a shooter this year because of his injury. And huskey was a good solid rebounder and defender, but his offense was dismal and nonexistent.White Houses point guard could not be stopped off the dribble by anyone, but had to play in post because of lack of post. But those were starters, i was talking more about white house's bench. And the trimmer kid is a player he is tall strong great rebounder, and can stretch the floor and shoot from the outside. I saw some of the few freshman games this year, and the pg for the freshman could have rivaled or was better than many of the other bench players that did come in and play ,and also a very talented fast slasher guard who will be the starting running back this year more than likely for the football team. Not to mention about a 6'3' not necessarily a good defender , but is a pure shooter who could come be a zone buster off the bench. all in the upcoming sophomore class, but to be called subjective when I picked WH to finish 5th is funny to say I thought. But as far as the region I would say only 1 team can compete there and that will be Cheatham County..... But i also think it is funny "pitchfork" i mean "cleggy" that you call me subjective when you know heritage as #1 is a ludacris ridiculous homer pick not a basketball knowledge post. and you used to be just as subjective to the other white house team. SO change of heart is cool and all , but I like to be objective and give the truth based on basektball not pride, but your right we all are entitled to our opinion and thats what makes the season great and exciting and loved by all !!! :)

To pick either Greenbrier or White House above Heritage is funny i thought and calling me out as Pitchfork is even funnier. I hope WH does have some good rising sophomores as that school, with the tradition they have, deserve much more than they have had recently. I don't think it will happen very soon though. Not enough support from the fans, and administraton. But honestly, looking at it from a basketball standpoint, i stand by my predictions as well. Heritage and Cheatham Co. at top during the reg. season (toss-up) and I suppose anything can happen in the tournament.

But honestly, looking at it from a basketball standpoint, i stand by my predictions as well. Heritage and Cheatham Co. at top during the reg. season (toss-up) and I suppose anything can happen in the tournament.

I just am having a hard time understanding that logic and basketball reasonings to think Heritage would move up and be number 1. I mean just looking at last year and comparing to a bottom of the district team White House who was not very good we all know and can admit that. Heritage 1-2 against Nashville Christian. White House beat them by 30 points. Heritage split with Greenbrier winning at very beginning of year than losing at end of year. White House beat them when it mattered the most. Heritage did beat aaron academy and lost. White House lost. Those were the only common opponents besides dismal westmorland. White House losing Elrod and Huskey and Breedlove. Not much on the contribution end. Heritage losing the Robertson County Player of the year in Allison. Also Their starting wing players and 6th man? And I know you know the game from other posts and are objective at times and just speak good basketball. So, i guess having hard time understanding why number 1 unless you have more information than me and know for a fact those couple transfers are coming THIS YEAR lol, and if that the case please let us know !!!! I just feel a 4-6 pre-preseason ranking for patriots is a more respectable place to put them for them and the other teams, just based off of basketball and performance?? I Just wanted to give you an idea of why I had them where they were , not out of spite of pride of one school over the other. Because at some point we were all together, and should support one another and as a pair have a clean money making fun exciting town rivalry and want to take control of this district in the next few years and hold on to it for a long time after that !!! which is what I truly believe is going to happen as well. Just not this year...On another note: that patriot gym will be standing room only at some point and I can't wait to see it !! :mrgreen: Heritage has the best facility in the district and should host and get rid of vol-state since only 2 sumner county teams are in the district still never understood that to begin with.....

I just am having a hard time understanding that logic and basketball reasonings to think Heritage would move up and be number 1. I mean just looking at last year and comparing to a bottom of the district team White House who was not very good we all know and can admit that. Heritage 1-2 against Nashville Christian. White House beat them by 30 points. Heritage split with Greenbrier winning at very beginning of year than losing at end of year. White House beat them when it mattered the most. Heritage did beat aaron academy and lost. White House lost. Those were the only common opponents besides dismal westmorland. White House losing Elrod and Huskey and Breedlove. Not much on the contribution end. Heritage losing the Robertson County Player of the year in Allison. Also Their starting wing players and 6th man? And I know you know the game from other posts and are objective at times and just speak good basketball. So, i guess having hard time understanding why number 1 unless you have more information than me and know for a fact those couple transfers are coming THIS YEAR lol, and if that the case please let us know !!!! I just feel a 4-6 pre-preseason ranking for patriots is a more respectable place to put them for them and the other teams, just based off of basketball and performance?? I Just wanted to give you an idea of why I had them where they were , not out of spite of pride of one school over the other. Because at some point we were all together, and should support one another and as a pair have a clean money making fun exciting town rivalry and want to take control of this district in the next few years and hold on to it for a long time after that !!! which is what I truly believe is going to happen as well. Just not this year...On another note: that patriot gym will be standing room only at some point and I can't wait to see it !! :mrgreen: Heritage has the best facility in the district and should host and get rid of vol-state since only 2 sumner county teams are in the district still never understood that to begin with.....

Allison will be hard to replace and Heritage definitely will be a little bit smaller than last year. This budding rivalry has been brewing since the split. I hope it doesn't get ugly and that everyone remembers that these kids live in the same little ole' town and see each other all the time. i can only hope that it is competitive and not ugly. As usual, the adults (used loosely) will probably be the issue if there are any. I know the Heritage boys like their Blue Devil counterparts and regularly play pick up ball with them. But to the analysis for you, yes Alex Lyon is a great penetrator, fiery competitior, and great all around athlete but Johnny Bailey is one of the quickest ball defender I have ever seen. Alex may have a little trouble doing his thing against him. similar size at the post but Tyler is way more polished than Brock but brock will certainly take up some space. Question is, will he come back for another year and if so, will the coach play him? Jake Smith has the ability to get hot and stay hot from the outside,but i don't think WH can roll anyone out on the court to stop Sizemore and his defense shuld be much improved under the wings of Petrone for a whole year. Kramm and Jernigan are in school now and will be nice additions to the heritage squad. I just see the Heritage boys working harder this summer on their game while WH does not with the exception of Logan Oskin who is playing on a very good Team Nashville Elite aau team. I think all this adds up to Heritage victories next year, but hey, WH is capable of pulling an upset. It would be super shocker to everyone for Heritage to roll in there and win the dang District next year just like it would be if WH did. The 2013 Region championship banner is gonna look real nice in our gym next season. maybe we can add another.

• 1 month later...

Cheatham will dominate this district next year. Saunders and Darden will be the 2 best players period. Harlan will also be the best pg in the district. They lose depth and a great senior class, but those 3 guys will be unstoppable against this competition if they stay healthy. Everybody else is playing for 2nd.

Edited by mumbletypeg

Cheatham will dominate this district next year. Saunders and Darden will be the 2 best players period. Harlan will also be the best pg in the district. They lose depth and a great senior class, but those 3 guys will be unstoppable against this competition if they stay healthy. Everybody else is playing for 2nd.

I agree with this. Goodpasture cruised through the district last year and would have competed well against Cheatham, but alas, they're gone from the class. The other legacy district teams just don't have that talent level. The other newcomers to the district might do OK against the teams other than Cheatham. Unless Cheatham takes a step or two back with a different coach, they should run the table in district.